What's new

Looking for your opinions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlj2

My neighbor asked me to get him a decent router. So I was going to send him
a link to a Asus 86u. Then I thought hell, maybe i should sell him mine. Its pretty new,
and bump up to a rt5300. Would it be worth a another $150. I currently run the 86u as main,
and two 66u's in AImesh.
If this isn't a appropriate question on this forum I apologize.

a link to a Asus 86u. Then I thought hell, maybe i should sell him mine. Its pretty new,
and bump up to a rt5300. Would it be worth a another $150. I currently run the 86u as main,
and two 66u's in AImesh.
I wouldn't swap a AC86U for a Ac5300 ever. IMHO.

and two 66u's in AImesh.
If you do this I would go for a RT-AX88U instead.

That is very decent of you! Wanting to downgrade your network so he could upgrade his. :)

Assuming that your network is working well right now, buy him a new RT-AC86U instead.

Or, stretch your budget to an RT-AX88U as already suggested by @Mutzli for an upgrade to both your networks. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!