What's new

Media server table won't register

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Knut Hunstad

New Around Here
Hi!

A new cable company where digging in the street to lay new fibre cables some weeks ago. And dug over my existing fibre! After that, I suddenly got trouble with my router. First thing I tried, was upgrading the firmware.

So now I am running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68.4 on an RT-AC3200 (used to be 380.60something, I think). There are two things that don't work:

A: When trying to specify a directory on an attached USB-disc as media server for audio files, the definition won't register.

I select the directory, select only "Audio" as the type, press the plus sign and then "apply". After the progression message finishes, the media server table is empty again.

B: I had the providers IPTV service set up in the "IPTV" tab of the LAN definition, with "Internett" as VID 102 and LAN port 3/4 as VID 101. Which used to work just fine before, but now it doesn't. I have checked with the providers (really bad) default router that it works, so it's not the fibre.

Suggestion very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Knut, Norway