What's new

Merlin firmware on AX11000pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

homer68

New Around Here
Hi
I want to install merlin firmware GT-AX11000_PRO_3004_388.6_0_rog_nand_squashfs.pkgtb to my router.
If I select the file during firmware upgrade in the GUI, I just get logout from the GUI and nothing more happens
Any idea how I could install

The AX11000pro is connected to 4 XT8
Thanks

Have you downloaded the proper file for the router you actually have? Firmware is not interchangeable.

Have you verified the hash of the extracted download?

Do you have any USB devices attached? If so, Safely remove them via the GUI, then physically remove them. Reboot, and attempt the installation once more.

Also, simply reboot via the GUI, and try to install once more (whether you have USB devices attached or not).

If that doesn't work, I would disconnect everything from the router (WAN, LAN, USB, etc.), perform an electrical reset, power it up, and then attempt to install it once more.

If all the above doesn't work, then perform the last step above and perform a full reset on the router (see link below). Do not connect anything (even WAN), just do a minimal config to be able to install the firmware you want to use. At a successful install, you need to do another full reset after successfully moving from stock to RMerllin firmware (or, vice-versa).

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1039074

After successfully updating and fully resetting the router on RMerlin firmware, do the same to the XT8s before attempting to add them as AiMesh nodes too.

But first, to quickly get back to where you are now, follow the steps outlined in the link below.

Have you downloaded the proper file for the router you actually have? Firmware is not interchangeable.

Have you verified the hash of the extracted download?

Do you have any USB devices attached? If so, Safely remove them via the GUI, then physically remove them. Reboot, and attempt the installation once more.

Also, simply reboot via the GUI, and try to install once more (whether you have USB devices attached or not).

If that doesn't work, I would disconnect everything from the router (WAN, LAN, USB, etc.), perform an electrical reset, power it up, and then attempt to install it once more.

If all the above doesn't work, then perform the last step above and perform a full reset on the router (see link below). Do not connect anything (even WAN), just do a minimal config to be able to install the firmware you want to use. At a successful install, you need to do another full reset after successfully moving from stock to RMerllin firmware (or, vice-versa).

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1039074

After successfully updating and fully resetting the router on RMerlin firmware, do the same to the XT8s before attempting to add them as AiMesh nodes too.

But first, to quickly get back to where you are now, follow the steps outlined in the link below.

thanks for the super quick reaction :)
I'm pretty sure I have the good firmware for my AX11000pro. (Although the file has a pkgtb extension and not w)
There is no USB connected but a NAS
I have tried a reset

Could the issue be that there are already nodes attached? Should I first have the main router on merlin and then add the nodes (keeping them on stock)

Try the methods shown in the order suggested.

Any idea how I could install
Couple of suggestions, if you haven't tried them already.
Try a different web browser. Some have had similar issues with certain web browsers (and certain active extensions/add-ons used) and solved it by using a different web browser.
Make sure to use a wired computer connected directly to the router. Don't use or have; AP nodes, AiMesh nodes, WiFi or switches or network/powerline extenders between the router and PC.

Update: done all of the above nothing helps. I can click on manual update firmware, select file and then it goes back in a split of a second to the logon screen

If you followed the steps I outlined correctly and the correct firmware is still not updating (and, you've also verified the hash of that downloaded, extracted firmware), then your router is not in a good/known state.

In addition to trying with a different browser as suggested above, I would perform a few resets right after each other. Hopefully, this will get your router to a good place. Even try to re-flash the firmware you're currently on. And see if you can then flash the RMerlin firmware you want.

Nuclear Reset https://www.snbforums.com/threads/major-issues-w-rt-ac86u.56342/page-4#post-495710

If, after all this, your router is still unresponsive to new firmware, I would say it's a hardware fault of some sort.

Double-check each of the steps I've previously outlined. And be sure to meticulously follow the Nuclear Reset steps to know what state your router is really in.

Couple of suggestions, if you haven't tried them already.
Try a different web browser. Some have had similar issues with certain web browsers (and certain active extensions/add-ons used) and solved it by using a different web browser.
Make sure to use a wired computer connected directly to the router. Don't use or have; AP nodes, AiMesh nodes, WiFi or switches or network/powerline extenders between the router and PC.
It eventually worked out thank you all! I normally do everything from my desktop which was wired but through some other perif. I know used a laptop directly connected to the 11000pro and it worked