What's new

Missing features in the XD4 firmware ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoPro

Occasional Visitor
I’m pretty happy with my 3x XT8 mesh network with dedicated wireless backhaul, and all the fiddling ASUS lets us do in the web UI.

Now I’m thinking of ditching the ISP router at the cabin too with 2x XD4s (black week sale and a higher WAF on the size than the XT8s have). We have fios internet with native isp ipv6 at both places.

I run raspberry pis with the nextdns cli as DOH servers at both places (protecting the kids internet, killing ads and trackers, and forcing no-bypass from iCloud private relay etc.), but I can’t currently select another dns than the isp in the cabin isp fios router (but I can set it to bridge mode).

I understand the asuswrt feature set is somewhat more limited on these XD4s (and that there’s only two bands of course but I have a possible Ethernet backhaul at the cabin). What are the main things missing in comparison to my XT8s?

(Related:

I see the XD4 was added to the asuswrt RC3-2 beta and I ask more specifically whether WireGuard server and multiple VPNs are among the missing features on XD4 in this beta thread:
'ASUSWRT 386 RC3-2 public beta'
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-386-rc3-2-public-beta.75355/post-725126 )

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!