What's new

MoCA 2.0 Actiontech ECB6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I sent a long post to Actiontec through their support page describing the issue I'm seeing. I also mentioned that other people are having issues as well, though slightly different. We'll see where it goes.

I received a firmware update via email from Actiontech Tech Support in response to my email via their support page. The installation was smooth, and performance has been good for six days. My problem was a little different from some of those posted here in that it took one week (only two data points for this, however) for the speed to drop, and when it did drop it went to 14 Mbps in one direction. I will post again if it fails.

Didn't expect a resolution to the problem, but at least something to the effect of, "got your message and we'll look into it" seems like a reasonable expectation to me.

Still think you're expecting too much. :)

2015, big corporations and about a zillion emails a day. Sending even automatic confirmations at that scale costs real money.

Still think you're expecting too much. :)

2015, big corporations and about a zillion emails a day. Sending even automatic confirmations at that scale costs real money.

A lot of companies do that. I've frequently gotten acknowledgements from the same day to a day later. And from some, you never hear. So I don't agree that's it's an unreasonable expectation. Given how many companies do that it can't be that expensive. Don't know how much direct support email that Actiontech gets, but it can't be that much.

Last edited:
I received a firmware update via email from Actiontech Tech Support in response to my email via their support page. The installation was smooth, and performance has been good for six days. My problem was a little different from some of those posted here in that it took one week (only two data points for this, however) for the speed to drop, and when it did drop it went to 14 Mbps in one direction. I will post again if it fails.

Pec, any chance you could post the firmware update or provide a link?

How does the firmware update even get applied since AFAIK these aren't managed in any way (i.e., the adapters don't request and get an IP address, etc.), and as far as I know, there's no access port on the adapter itself (serial, USB, etc.)? I guess the e-mail from their support told you how to do this along with the update iteself. :p

interesting, actiontec's "tier 2" tech support insisted there was no way to perform a firmware update on these devices, would love to have this work and be able to use the bonded devices

I sent pec a PM and he was kind enough to forward the firmware update to me. I placed it out on google drive for a while for those who would like to download it:

ECB6200 Firmware Update

I haven't yet installed it myself, and probably won't have time to for a few days. If someone else has time to do so, please report your results.

Pinotphile, thanks for posting this. I just updated my two ecb6200's and it went fine. I had to swap out my original HTPC for my backup for other reasons so it may not be representative of the original problem but all is working fine so far.

I just flashed all 4 of my adapters and will be monitoring to see how they perform over the next few days. :) I also noticed after applying the update that the MoCA encryption settings appeared on the configuration page for those who want to enable it. I left it disabled because my MoCA 2.0 network is completely internal using the 2nd spare set of coax running through my place.

I installed the update to both of my adapters last night and all seems good so far. Hopefully that's still the case for others who have installed it as well? Like Googer, I left encryption off because my coax network is on a 2nd set of cables and completely internal as well.

well i hooked up a pair of ecb6000s 3 days ago and have had no problems so far, with 52 MBps for windows file transfers (vs 70-90 with the ecb6200s).

so clearly it was the ecb6200s with the issue - although I wish I had know about the firmware update prior to returning them. i am guessing from the lack of updates that no one has had any issues since updating the firmware?

i checked with actiontec to see about enabling encryption on the 6000s, and they still deny any available updates for the 6000 or 6200 adapters.

thanks all for contributing your experience on this innovative product! I just received my ECB6200 this week and flashed the firmware and so far I am getting great speed on the third day and counting!

well I have noticed a different issue with the ecb6000 adapters that only affects my samsung smart TV but not my HTPC (connected to the same cisco sg200-08) switch, will try a few other things as it is not clear to me that the ecb6000 is the cause yet

with powerline or moca 1.1 navigation is rapid and there are no issues
with the ecb6200 navigation was rapid before the link speed slowed to nothing

however, with the ecb6000, it is taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to connect to amazon video or netflix with multiple reported connection failures prior to loading and then working without any issues

Last edited:
well I have noticed a different issue with the ecb6000 adapters that only affects my samsung smart TV but not my HTPC (connected to the same cisco sg200-08) switch, will try a few other things as it is not clear to me that the ecb6000 is the cause yet

with powerline or moca 1.1 navigation is rapid and there are no issues
with the ecb6200 navigation was rapid before the link speed slowed to nothing

however, with the ecb6000, it is taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to connect to amazon video or netflix with multiple reported connection failures prior to loading and then working without any issues
Timing suggests there are a huge number of IP packet checksum errors and retransmissions.

Timing suggests there are a huge number of IP packet checksum errors and retransmissions.

thanks, is there a best way to check this?

*well, nevermind, started working properly now, so I am not able to test, hopefully something has fixed it

Last edited:
It's interesting that the update isn't available on Actiontec's website yet, and in another thread a couple people have reported asking Actiontec about firmware updates and have been told that there is no firmware update available for the ECB6200 (or ECB6000). Maybe they're still testing it internally, so aren't ready to officially release it yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!