What's new

MOCA Output from Coax end

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

steemer

New Around Here
Hi, apologies for my ignorance but I can't find this information anywhere else!
(Further apologies if this has been asked already in the forum!)
I have a CCTV system which uses Coax inputs.
I have bought a EZVIZ C8C camera which has Wifi or LAN output. This will be installed on a detached garage, which has coax wiring link.
I'd like to connect via Wifi but can't get it to register at my local network but only via LAN. All the passwords are correct.
So I am considering using a MOCA adaptor but I do not know what the output is from the Coax end. Would the signal be appropriate to link to the coax input of the CCTV recorder?
The garage has its own power supply so Powerline connection does not work.
Any help or advice gratefully received.
Cheers
CJ

Hi, apologies for my ignorance but I can't find this information anywhere else!
(Further apologies if this has been asked already in the forum!)
I have a CCTV system which uses Coax inputs.
I have bought a EZVIZ C8C camera which has Wifi or LAN output. This will be installed on a detached garage, which has coax wiring link.
I'd like to connect via Wifi but can't get it to register at my local network but only via LAN. All the passwords are correct.
So I am considering using a MOCA adaptor but I do not know what the output is from the Coax end. Would the signal be appropriate to link to the coax input of the CCTV recorder?
The garage has its own power supply so Powerline connection does not work.
Any help or advice gratefully received.
Cheers
CJ

You would use two adapters, Ethernet on camera to adapter 1 to coax to adapter 2, Ethernet on adapter 2 to your router/network. Coax will not connect to your recorder at all, unless the recorder has MOCA support which I've never heard of (but may exist). I'm assuming the recorder also has a network connection?

Does wifi not connect even when close to your router? I'd troubleshoot that just to see if you can get it working, may need to tweak something on router, update camera firmware, etc.

You would use two adapters, Ethernet on camera to adapter 1 to coax to adapter 2, Ethernet on adapter 2 to your router/network. Coax will not connect to your recorder at all, unless the recorder has MOCA support which I've never heard of (but may exist). I'm assuming the recorder also has a network connection?

Does wifi not connect even when close to your router? I'd troubleshoot that just to see if you can get it working, may need to tweak something on router, update camera firmware, etc.
Thanks, drinkingbird, for your very quick reply. 👍

At least I now know that just one MOCA adaptor won't be sufficient. Thanks for the confirmation. The recorder does have a network connection. I didn't really want the unnecessary expense of two MOCA adaptors if I still couldn't link to my CCTV recorder but that may be what I shall have to pursue if I can't get a Wifi connection.

I have been trying to get a Wifi link but am having continual problems. I have checked the log in and password numerous times and the mobile phone (with EZVIZ app), the router and the camera are less than 1m apart whilst I try to link. :( What's really annoying is that if I connect via LAN the camera is recognised and works!

There's definitely something impeding my success. I have been in contact with router maker who can't help, so I am still trying.

Thanks again and kind regards,

CJ

Thanks, drinkingbird, for your very quick reply. 👍

At least I now know that just one MOCA adaptor won't be sufficient. Thanks for the confirmation. The recorder does have a network connection. I didn't really want the unnecessary expense of two MOCA adaptors if I still couldn't link to my CCTV recorder but that may be what I shall have to pursue if I can't get a Wifi connection.

I have been trying to get a Wifi link but am having continual problems. I have checked the log in and password numerous times and the mobile phone (with EZVIZ app), the router and the camera are less than 1m apart whilst I try to link. :( What's really annoying is that if I connect via LAN the camera is recognised and works!

There's definitely something impeding my success. I have been in contact with router maker who can't help, so I am still trying.

Thanks again and kind regards,

CJ

If other wifi devices connect to the router then it is probably a limitation/bug on the camera. Some IOT devices can be picky about network name (no spaces or special characters) or password not having certain characters or not being too long.

Can you set up a guest wifi SSID (or temporarily change your main SSID and password) to something really simple just to test if the camera can connect? If so you know what to focus on.

Thanks again, I'll try changing the SSID & password to something simple just to test this.
Cheers
CJ

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!