What's new

My RT-AC87U Has to be reset every couple days . . .

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrtuneup2

New Around Here
I have had this router for over a year now and have never had any issues until recently. My router loses the 5Ghz channel and can not log in to the UI through a wired computer. If I reset the router it works perfectly for about a day and a half and to two days. I thought I had a bad router so I purchased another same problem. I have restored the router and input the settings manually problem still happens. I even tried the newest beta with no success . I don't know what to do next. I love the Merlin firmware and am almost ready to give up and either go back to the stock firmware, try DDWRT, or a different model router all together. Please HELP!

Any thing mentioned in the system logs? Do you have the router connected to a UPS?

Any thing mentioned in the system logs? Do you have the router connected to a UPS?
I don't have it on a UPS. I didn't think to check the logs until yesterday. It hasn't done it yet. When it does I will check the logs and see if there is any helpful info. I will then send you the log info when it happens again. Thanks for the reply . . . .

If you have a UPS, it couldn't hurt to connect it to the battery side to minimize any possible power related issues.

Keeping in mind that the 5GHz side of the 87U provides LAN1, if the QTN side of the router is crashed... you'll lose LAN1 as well as 5GHz, so perhaps that's one port to avoid if possible. So to ensure access to the RT-AC87U WebGUI, probably want to use LAN 2, 3, or 4...

The QTN QSR1000 has had some stability concerns that have been reported by other forum members...

If you're having very recent stability issues, and made no other changes (e.g. reflash firmware, etc), then the AC Adapter might be suspect.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!