What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. My NAS is Qnap TS-451+ and my router is Asus GT AX-11000.

Yesterday I was trying to setup a DDNS on my NAS and opened some ports and enabled UPnP on my router. When I logged into my NAS today, I saw hundreds of failed login attempts from remote IPs. I searched and found out it’s due to open ports and UPnP. I disabled both of them immediately.

Now my concern is that how do I make sure that neither of my connected devices to the router are effected?

My NAS have logs disabled for SMB and AFP logins. Can these protocols be accessed remotely?

Is there anyway to make sure that everything is okay?

The NAS would have opened up a single port only and the router would only have exposed the NAS via this port. Assuming you have recent firmware on the NAS and have a halfway decent password, then you don't need to panic. As long as the NAS was not breached, the other devices on your network were not vulnerable.

The NAS would have opened up a single port only and the router would only have exposed the NAS via this port. Assuming you have recent firmware on the NAS and have a halfway decent password, then you don't need to panic. As long as the NAS was not breached, the other devices on your network were not vulnerable.

Thank you.

I have a similar scenario. What I would suggest I been on top of:
-Having always latest firmware and apps. updated.
-Having strong password.
-Using two factor authentication
-Disabling admin account and creating and account with different username

My case I was having lots of brute force attemps from Rusia and China. I solved it by using skynet firewall and rmerlin firmware on my RT-AC88U.
the downside for you is that RMerlin does not support GT series.
But it's common these days bots will try brute force to any device exposed to internet

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have a similar scenario. What I would suggest I been on top of:
-Having always latest firmware and apps. updated.
-Having strong password.
-Using two factor authentication
-Disabling admin account and creating and account with different username

My case I was having lots of brute force attemps from Rusia and China. I solved it by using skynet firewall and rmerlin firmware on my RT-AC88U.
the downside for you is that RMerlin does not support GT series.
But it's common these days bots will try brute force to any device exposed to internet

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you.