What's new

Need help with portforwarding configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ddaenen1

Very Senior Member
It seems simple, but i can't seem to get this one done.

I want to be able to access my Nextcloud server, which is running on Freenas, externally. Internally no issue at all, works flawless.

My setup is as follows: ISP HGW with external IP 84.xxx.xxx.xxx has a built in router with gateway 192.168.0.1 where the Mikrotik router is connected to one of the 4 ports with internal IP of 192.168.0.160 configured as DMZ. The Mikrotik router has gateway 192.168.1.1 which connects to Nextcloud on the Freenas server with IP 192.168.1.35 through a switch.

I know that Freenas uses standard http port 80. For some reason, i cannot get it done to to access Nextcloud using the external IP.

I have tried:

- setting up portforwarding for port 80 on IP 192.168.0.160 in the ISP HGW
- Adding a DSTNAT firewall rule routing 84.xxx.xxx.xxx with port 80 to 192.168.1.35 port 80
- Adding a DSTNAT firewall rule routing192.168.0.160 with port 80 to 192.168.1.35 port 80

I must be overlooking something or doing it entirely wrong. Fact is that i can access my synology NAS from outside the WAN via their own quickconnect protocol so i know if is possible to get through. I just can't figure out how.

It seems simple, but i can't seem to get this one done.

I want to be able to access my Nextcloud server, which is running on Freenas, externally. Internally no issue at all, works flawless.

My setup is as follows: ISP HGW with external IP 84.xxx.xxx.xxx has a built in router with gateway 192.168.0.1 where the Mikrotik router is connected to one of the 4 ports with internal IP of 192.168.0.160 configured as DMZ. The Mikrotik router has gateway 192.168.1.1 which connects to Nextcloud on the Freenas server with IP 192.168.1.35 through a switch.

I know that Freenas uses standard http port 80. For some reason, i cannot get it done to to access Nextcloud using the external IP.

I have tried:

- setting up portforwarding for port 80 on IP 192.168.0.160 in the ISP HGW
- Adding a DSTNAT firewall rule routing 84.xxx.xxx.xxx with port 80 to 192.168.1.35 port 80
- Adding a DSTNAT firewall rule routing192.168.0.160 with port 80 to 192.168.1.35 port 80

I must be overlooking something or doing it entirely wrong. Fact is that i can access my synology NAS from outside the WAN via their own quickconnect protocol so i know if is possible to get through. I just can't figure out how.

Found the solution. Apparently the ISP firewall was blocking port 80. When i turn it off, and i enable the DSTNAT rule, i can finally access Nextcloud externally, even using my own domain. Disabling the DSTNAT rule instantly blocks the port off. I don't even need the portfowarding in the ISP HGW. Configuring DMZ on the IP of the Mikrotik is sufficient. I closed it back off now and will look into setting up SSL for Nextcloud because just HTTP seems way to risky.