What's new

Please help me choose a router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

setsey55

New Around Here
Guys, please tell me which router model is now more profitable (quality-to-price ratio) to buy, which you can flash and as a result get a good router for a good price tag, I’m somewhat limited in finances today, I came from Ukraine, moved into an apartment and a week later I got a router The focus on the financial side has disappeared. I mean, here are the examples of the T-Mobile TM-AC1900 model, which was poured into the ASUS RT-AC68U, but maybe for today there is something more interesting. A router for 1 bedroom (laptop, TV), it is important that it works stably, has a reception range, and can be configured as a repeater. Perhaps you can recommend something?

Welcome to the forums @setsey55.

If finances are dire, simply use the ISP provided router.

The models you reference are obsolete today.

And a repeater in a 1 bedroom apartment is not needed (in fact, it would be detrimental).

Welcome to the forums @setsey55.

If finances are dire, simply use the ISP provided router.

The models you reference are obsolete today.

And a repeater in a 1 bedroom apartment is not needed (in fact, it would be detrimental).
thank you for your answer and for your hospitality 🤝 the repeater is based on the fact that I’m unlikely to stay in one place, I can move, there will be other conditions, a little for the future, one might say, 🤷‍♂️ in any case, thanks for the answer!

And a repeater in a 1 bedroom apartment is not needed

Unless it's a really, really big bedroom...

:D :D

Seriously though as @L&LD mentions - the ISP router is most like "good enough" for both basic routing and WiFi - the current generation of gateways that support WiFi6 are pretty good - mostly because industry groups like CableLabs and the Broadband Forums created some very good test/certification plans that emphasize WiFi connectivity.

Setsey, this TP Link AX10 is about $60, is wifi 6, has decent range, will be plenty for an apartment:

When I look at this on Amazon it says that I "Last purchased Sep 1, 2020". That was given as a gift, and is still working fine in a 3 bedroom home with two TVs, two PCs, several cell phones that come and go, no problems.

Don't buy things for your "next place", tech changes and we don't know what next place will be like.