What's new

no address available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Benjamin John

Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to setup as second guest network and keep seeing the message no address available in the logs. Tried removing and adding it in a different slot, but same message.
Any ideas?
Thanks

What is the full message?

Check your LAN - DHCP Server > IP Pool starting and ending addresses.

Oct 8 21:18:10 dnsmasq-dhcp[332]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) xx:xx:xx:xx:xx no address available

Guest wi-fi doesnt show up in DHCP server, does it? I thought it wasn't configurable.
I'm only having an issue adding a another network. I already have a guest network on 2.4 and 5, that works fine, but adding a second one, clients don't get an IP.

The guest networks in "slot" 1 for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz have their own DHCP range. Slots 2 and 3 use the normal LAN DHCP. The message indicates that you have set the LAN DHCP range too small and there are no free addresses left.

Interesting, did not know that. Yes, the range for my LAN is small.
Is this change recent? Unless I'm dreaming... I thought I had a guest network setup just for my IOT devices which was on a different DHCP scope from everything else. I thought I had .101, .102 and .103.

No, nothing has changed since Asus introduced the "slot 1" behaviour a year or so ago.

Guest Network 1 2.4GHz = 192.168.101.x
Guest Network 1 5GHz = 192.168.102.x

If you had something different you might have been using the YazFi addon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!