What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engineering usually hate sales and marketing, and most product manager :D

Hate is a very strong word, I would categorise it more as “mutual disdain” :D

StephenH

Tried with roaming assistance, it just disconnect and don't reconnect to stronger node, seems like roaming not function sometime.
Roaming assistance set to -70dbm for 5G, and -60dbm for 2.4G, may be I fine tune it a little bit to see if that help.

When I enabled and tweaked it, seemed to have worse performance than when disabled. Would often see my phones on LTE as opposed to WiFi...they'd switch over eventually, but didn't see that behavior when RA was disabled. Tried tweaking based of RSSI received on laptop and phone with no real improvement. So have just left it disabled.

I have a 5300 with a 68W connected as a repeater. The latest update became available yesterday for the 68 and without any research I applied the update (blinking exclamation mark on the GUI). Afterword I could not get the 68 to connect to the 5300. I downgraded the software and its working again. I'm assuming the imesh update made them incompatible.

I have two 68Us, one as a the airouter in my house and the other as ainode in a detached garage. The garage has a wifi light switch and a wifi thermostat. When I upgraded to 384 on both 68Us the garage thermostat show up on both the garage clients list and the airouter clients list and both indicate a single bar for level (not sure how accurate that is but the house thermostat shows four bars) leading me to believe the garage thermostat is really connected to the house like it was before the upgrade. This happens even though the ainode is physically located between the airouter and the garage thermostat.

For anyone that has an RT-N66U_B1, have they been able to configure the router as an AiMesh node successfully? It's somewhat misleading that the latest firmware enables the GUI features of AiMesh, though the device is not listed in ASUS official support matrix. Each time I attempt to have the 66U router enter AiMesh node mode, it resets to factory default operation mode of a Wireless Router / AiMesh Router. My AC-86U main AiMesh internet router is unable to see the node, etc. It's set back to a wired AP for now as things to not seem to be working correctly.

I see the bug where if a router is in media bridge mode it leaves the default SSID and Guest SSIDs open...Cant use this firmware until thats fixed

I have a 5300 with a 68W connected as a repeater. The latest update became available yesterday for the 68 and without any research I applied the update (blinking exclamation mark on the GUI). Afterword I could not get the 68 to connect to the 5300. I downgraded the software and its working again. I'm assuming the imesh update made them incompatible.
Currently, the aimesh is not available for 5300. I think you just upgraded none aimesh in your 5300.
FW

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

When I enabled and tweaked it, seemed to have worse performance than when disabled. Would often see my phones on LTE as opposed to WiFi...they'd switch over eventually, but didn't see that behavior when RA was disabled. Tried tweaking based of RSSI received on laptop and phone with no real improvement. So have just left it disabled.
Me too, that's why I had it disable most of the time

Hi

Will RT-AC66U (non B1) get AiMesh support? Or only RT-AC66U_B1?

On to something else. I have a 88u as airouter, using two 68u's as nodes. Updatet to the 10007 fw yesterday, and that setup works fine for now. We'll se tonight when 3 ps4's will test the stability of mesh and fw

Quick advice question. I have two 68U's on the way and will be setting them up to use aimesh. I currently own a 66U (non-B1). What would you guys do with it? Should I just set it up as an AP and put it upstairs in our house?

Or is there a better option I'm not thinking of?

in the beta thread at some point it was mentioned that lyra and aimesh were separate implementations. I don't remember if there was a word on convergence or not
I was wondering if this might mean the eventual demise of the Lyra product line (esp. since it's had a rocky reception), but ASUS seems to be saying it sees a market for both:

[AiMesh] Which one should I choose, Lyra or AiMesh?

If you already have an ASUS router, AiMesh will be the best choice. We commit to adding new features to the existing routers so you can also use it in your AiMesh network.

However, if you want to have a life-style WiFi system with the easy app-control, Lyra device might fit your demands.

For now, anway.

For anyone who has installed and turned on Aiprotection or QoS, any noticeable hit to performance?

I have two 68Us, one as a the airouter in my house and the other as ainode in a detached garage. The garage has a wifi light switch and a wifi thermostat. When I upgraded to 384 on both 68Us the garage thermostat show up on both the garage clients list and the airouter clients list and both indicate a single bar for level (not sure how accurate that is but the house thermostat shows four bars) leading me to believe the garage thermostat is really connected to the house like it was before the upgrade. This happens even though the ainode is physically located between the airouter and the garage thermostat.
Just to add a few more details I measured signal level with my phone in the garage and the ainode was better than -50 dBm at the light switch and the thermostat while the airouter was -80 dBm. Both devices show connected to the airouter (actually both ainode and airouter but the UI shows a low signal level indicating connection to the airouter). The other variable is that the airouter has a 40 MHz channel and the ainode has a 20 MHz channel. I observed this channel bandwidth discrepancy in the beta firmware as well.

Using channel 149 as an example: When the control channel is on Auto for 5GHz and channel 149 is set by the firmware, noise in the wireless log shows a constant - 92 dBm. If I then set channel 149 manually, noise moves to - 88 dBm. Can go back and forth replicating this behavior.

This could be totally normal, but I don’t remember seeing this behavior in 382? I changed channels plenty in 382 and check the wireless logs after making changes.

I’m not having any issues with my connection and everything is running great here. I’m leaving this here for @arthurlien and his team to check out. Thanks.

Using channel 149 as an example: When the control channel is on Auto for 5GHz and channel 149 is set by the firmware, noise in the wireless log shows a constant - 92 dBm. If I then set channel 149 manually, noise moves to - 88 dBm. Can go back and forth replicating this behavior.

This could be totally normal, but I don’t remember seeing this behavior in 382? I changed channels plenty in 382 and check the wireless logs after making changes.

I’m not having any issues with my connection and everything is running great here. I’m leaving this here for @arthurlien and his team to check out. Thanks.

I also see about 3-4 dBm more noise in Channels 149-161 compared to Channels 36-48.

I also see about 3-4 dBm more noise in Channels 149-161 compared to Channels 36-48.
I’ve noticed this as well.

Interestingly, when I tried every channel on 5GHz in 382 (trying to set the best channel) and all 5GHz channels showed noise being at -92 dBm, with no real variation.

Tagging this for @arthurlien and his team.

Last edited:
I am using the mesh firmware with my 86 and 68, works great. I used the beta for 2 weeks, very stable. Handoff great. Good job ASUS

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Currently, the aimesh is not available for 5300. I think you just upgraded none aimesh in your 5300.
FW

Hi Arthur,

I have the GT-5300 already for some time and cannot understand why there's no new firmware (officially) yet available for this model, all other routers get often updates but the 5300, nothing in 5 months.
Rule the network, yea right.

I don't care for now about aimesh, but i want to have a working router and certainly if it's that expensive.
So any sign about new firmware for the GT, besides the answer from the support like 'yes we are working on it' ...
Running 19612 at the moment.

Hi Arthur,

I have the GT-5300 already for some time and cannot understand why there's no new firmware (officially) yet available for this model, all other routers get often updates but the 5300, nothing in 5 months.
Rule the network, yea right.

I don't care for now about aimesh, but i want to have a working router and certainly if it's that expensive.
So any sign about new firmware for the GT, besides the answer from the support like 'yes we are working on it' ...
Running 19612 at the moment.
It's true, technical team is working on it currently. Sorry for make you inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.