What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean shared drives on a Node, yes. I previously had 2 HD on my old wired AP, and after converting it to a AiMesh node, they were no longer visible. I did find a way under windows to gain a limited access but not to all my directories. Maybe the media server still worked? I don't think they get Samba mounted or if they are, there's no way to manage them. Anyway, I moved them to the Mesh router and all was normal.

I'm not sure what to do. I have a server attached via gigabit to the parent router and everything can access it so long as they aren't on a node. If my laptop is connected to a node I can't access any of the shares.

Does anyone know if "Roaming Assistant" is required to be enabled for AiMesh to do its job?

I noticed that roaming assistant is enabled by default, and the system log seems to indicate that it is kicking some clients off when their signal gets low. I have been experiencing some disconnects of wireless devices since enabling aimesh.

I disabled roaming assistant and it appears that aimesh is still working, but I am not sure how to tell if it is still doing its job.

I can also confirm that any devices connected through a node cannot see any of my network shares (samba or nfs).

I can also confirm that any devices connected through a node cannot see any of my network shares (samba or nfs).
I can access the Samba drives on my AiMesh router from a PC wired to my node. I have a wired backhaul, if that makes a difference.

Thank you for the feedback. I will do additional testing. I am using a wired backhaul as well, although I do have one switch between the router (AC68P) and node (AC68U).

Just spot a strange problem when using 2 RT-AC88U for AiMesh, having running for a few days, I have spot a few problems:
1. It seems the AiMesh system did not propose the best connection in the mesh (I have tried RT-AC68U Router + RT-AC88U m=node which will propose better choice), just suspect if Smart Connect works properly with AiMesh? I will try to disable Smart Connect later and see if it can gives better result
2. The AiMesh did not choose an optimize channel in the WiFi jungle, I use some Wifi analyzer and figure out the channel chosen if the the best one, and it seems once the channel is chosen it will never rechoose another one if the environment changes, may I know when and how will the router evaluate the best channel and choose the best one?

For now in have been trying to setup AiMesh Network for 2 days now without success. Using 2 AC68U, i never can find any node. Think for now running 2 well setup APs is the best solution. It is still a beta feature, so we will have to wait until it is developed further more.

Were either or both these originally a TM-AC1900? If so, check this thread ->https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-on-the-t-mobile-tm-ac1900.43278/
Specifically, check out these two posts which resolved my AiMesh connection issues using reflashed TM-AC1900 routers:

For now in have been trying to setup AiMesh Network for 2 days now without success. Using 2 AC68U, i never can find any node. Think for now running 2 well setup APs is the best solution. It is still a beta feature, so we will have to wait until it is developed further more.
When setting up the Mesh you have to place both AC68U very close to eachother. When done, than you can move the devices to their final place.

Well, I think for now I'm going to revert back to a traditional setup until the next release. I had more issues last week and ended up having to yank the node and reinstall an old Netgear router I had previously been using as an AP for clients in our MBR. Funny thing is, I had a heck of a time resetting the Asus node back to factory settings, but I won't bore you with the details there. I guess in the end I wasn't being patient enough, but the tools were no help and had to use the mini-CFE site to reflash.

Anyhow, I guess this all leaves me with a question. What firmware should I be using in the meantime? Current AIMESH build and just use router/AP for modes or should I be looking at one of the Merlin releases for both devices? Any thoughts there?

One last thought. I find it odd that my old RT-AC66U (non B1) appeared to outperform my 68U, at least with regards to download speed from the internet and WAN latency. No clue as to why, I'd think the 68U would be at least "as good" in that regard, but whatever. Maybe it has something to do with AIprotection--the only new feature I'm using that the 66U didn't have. I also find it a shame I'm unable to "overclock" the 68U. Setting won't stick.

Anyway, if there are some members thoughts as to which firmware I should be using while I wait for a new AIMESH release, I'd greatly appreciate the advice.

I hope they end up getting it ironed out.

Does anyone know if "Roaming Assistant" is required to be enabled for AiMesh to do its job?

I noticed that roaming assistant is enabled by default, and the system log seems to indicate that it is kicking some clients off when their signal gets low. I have been experiencing some disconnects of wireless devices since enabling aimesh.

I disabled roaming assistant and it appears that aimesh is still working, but I am not sure how to tell if it is still doing its job.

Roaming Assistant is part of the feature enhancement in AiMesh. If you don't need it, you can disabled by WebUI.

Finally it works, i am using two original ac68u, not tmo. Had reflash Firmware again and and cleared nvram multiple times.

I want to buy the router asus rt-ac88u and put the firmware aimesh my question this firmware brings the triple vlan configuration for movistar tv?

Hi All, I just set up AiMesh with the following topology: AC86U (main AiMesh router) -> AC3100 (AiMesh node) -> AC68U (AiMesh node connects to AC3100 via Wifi). I can see all connected on AiMesh config. Clients can connect to both AC86U and AC3100, but not to AC68U. When clients connect to AC68U, they indicate "invalid SSID password". Is node-to-node setup supported in AiMesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.