What's new

[OFFICIAL] RT-AC68U 3.0.0.4.382.18547

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same here, ISP speeds drops a lot, thats why I´ve been using the Version 3.0.0.4.380.77432017/06/16

a1U0uAF.jpg
a1U0uAF.jpg

Pay attention over this feature, maybe this is the cause of the ISP speed drops

Last edited:
FYI - Just upgraded my AC1900P to 382.18547.
RAM before upgrade wo AI = 62MB, w AI = 65MB. After upgrade wo AI = 119MB, w AI = 126MB. Upgrade has no impact on internet speed from my wired desktop: I get 920Mbps DOWN, and 890Mbps UP.
Also, the tools (web history, traffic analyzer, etc.) mentioned not to work by slyderz, seem to work for me. However, all historical data for these tools was cleared when upgrading.

In addition, the Traffic Analyzer Statistics as to byte counts seem to be wrong. I uploaded a 6GB from on computer to another on my LAN, but the byte count only reflected only a few megs. This was repeatable. Note: that the byte count only gets updated hourly.

Last edited:
Traffic Analyzer only accounts for Internet traffic.

This is after a couple hours on my AC68P.

Attachments

• 2017-11-14 (1).png
    2017-11-14 (1).png
    217.7 KB · Views: 833
  • 2017-11-14.png
    2017-11-14.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 862
This is after a couple hours on my AC68P.
My Web History and Traffic Analyzer are working fine. I'm not configured to use AI Protection, or VPN. I am using Adaptive QoS.

I have also NOT done a factory reset after upgrading the firmware. Have you? It is recommended by Asus

Last edited:
I’ve reset it a few times and I have tried flashing it again. When I put 380.7743 back on it everything works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

slyderz - After upgrading and Factory Resetting, I would try to configure the router with minimal settings (such as WiFi and WAN - but no QoS, VPN, etc.), and check Web History after that. Remember, to use the REFRESH button to refresh the screen. There is a delay with refresh on my router.
IF YOU HAD SAVED YOUR ROUTER CONFIG OF THE OLD FIRMWARE TO A FILE, DO NOT USE THAT FILE ON THE NEW FIRMWARE. I had problem in the past doing that. I had to manually enter all of my router config with the new firmware.

If it is working with a minimal router config, add some more of your customization in stages, and re-check the History...

Last edited:
Another bug, when you open the wireless tab in MAC FILTER and add the 5GHZ band to filter some ip, the 5ghz will drop and start to work as crazy, rejecting all the devices, even if you exclude the device from the mac filter.

I´ve have been doing a lot of test about it and finally discovered that the problem happens when you turn on the 5GHZ MAC FILTER...

slyderz, any luck? I am having the same problem as you are, after flashing the new firmware my Traffic Analyzer and Web History show no clients/record no data. The Android App also doesn't show any users.

I tried factory reset and initialized the router and setup minimal changes to no change. Then I finished setting it up.

I use Adaptive QoS and do not use VPN or AiProtection. Any ideas?

Another bug, when you open the wireless tab in MAC FILTER and add the 5GHZ band to filter some ip, the 5ghz will drop and start to work as crazy, rejecting all the devices, even if you exclude the device from the mac filter.

I´ve have been doing a lot of test about it and finally discovered that the problem happens when you turn on the 5GHZ MAC FILTER...
With the latest firmware on my AC1900P, I see no problem at all after deleting and adding 5GHz MAC Filters. The only time I have had issues after upgrading firmware, is if I did not do a Manual reconfiguration of the router after a Factory reset. Reloading a saved configuration from a previous version firmware, did not work.

I am hoping that reflashing the firmware will do something. Otherwise I will just give up and wait for the next firmware. Wasn't critical information to have, but nice to look at from time to time.

No dice, not really sure why SOME people's work and some don't... very odd problem, also tried a factory reset with only the wifi password updated and still no dice. Out of ideas, will just have to wait for the next firmware...

No dice, not really sure why SOME people's work and some don't... very odd problem, also tried a factory reset with only the wifi password updated and still no dice. Out of ideas, will just have to wait for the next firmware...
Try the Initalize button. It is supposed to wipe more than the NVRAM.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Try the Initalize button. It is supposed to wipe more than the NVRAM.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Tried initialize then restore. Firmware flashed twice and settings cleared to barebones. Something is keeping it from saving data and not sure what.

Do you know a tool to BLUR part of a JPG or PNG?

Greenshot has tools to both highlight and obfuscate portions of a screenshot.

3.0.0.4.382.18547 lowered my HDD transfer speeds to 5MB/s from above 30 using USB3.0 and interference on 2.4GHz disabled...
Darn, first time I had issues with this so went back to to 3.0.0.4.380.7743 and all good again...

Fascinating that issues like this appear. I wonder why they messed with the USB code.