What's new

Open vpn server based on 3100 ASUS merlin router behind AT&T fiber u verse gateway

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alexashka

New Around Here
Greetings SNB community,

Having difficulty setting up open vpn off 3100 ASUS merlin router behind AT&T fiber u verse gateway. (router is not using wireless but wired into the gateway)

Previously was using Comcast and set open vpn server off asus 3100 without any issues so could have secure access to home net from laptop/ipad e.t.c. Then decided to switch to AT&T fiber and already spent 4-5 hours banging my head against the wall in attempt to set it up. Must be missing something.

Please note I'm network newbie tho not completely new to IT in general. Was able to follow steps off the net a month or so ago and setup dnscrypt and tested it prior to switching to AT&T from Comcast.

Fairly confident if any assistance in form of steps should be able to follow and set it up. At this point tho also certain definitely missing something (probably due to loopholes in knowledge as to how network operates in general).

Very much appreciate any insights on this.

Alex.

p.s. basic net functionality 8080/443 is working but does not look like anything above that.

Make sure you are forwarding the appropriate port and protocol (i.e. 1194/udp by default) if your provider's modem isn't bridged. Also make sure your dynamic DNS service is updated to whatever IP your new ISP is allocating.

The AT&T gateways stop almost EVERYTHING. Try the dmz+ mode while disabling every firewall on it. If that doesn't work, you'll need to get a static IP pool like I did.

Which AT&T gateway model do you have?