What's new

Openvpn Android client cannot access LAN network or services (RT-3200)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanjeevnuts

Occasional Visitor
I have gone thru the previous discussions on this topic and played with settings. It doesn't help.
I'm running Merlin's FW 380.64_2 on RT-3200 router.
Can easily connect using Android client to "Open vpn server 1" using the configuration created by the router and can access internet. However cannot access files or services on LAN.

I should not have to add routes manually as this is already added by the router with "Push LAN to clients" is selected. What else can I do?

The kicker is - when I tried this a couple of months back, it worked with default options. Did something change with the firmware updates?

Edit:
Router firewall is off.

Last edited:
This is my configuration. No "Custom configurations" have been used.

upload_2017-1-15_17-35-41.png

On the LAN DHCP Server tab, set DNS1 to be your router IP, set DNS2 to be 8.8.8.8. This is what two of us had to do recently in order for our Android devices to play nice with OpenVPN client. Maybe it will work with OpenVPN server too? We also had to set Accept DNS Configuration to Strict. I used to have exclusive. I have no idea why this work around worked for us. Just throwing it out there...