What's new

OpenVPN worked,, then not

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jcarrra

Occasional Visitor
Former techie, now mostly user and new to VPNing.
Trying to set up a full-tunnel VPN using the server in ASUS RT-AC66R with Asuswrt -Merlin v376.49_5.

I wanted clients on an android phone, tablet, and a laptop. I used settings from someone on an ISP forum, and it worked (though I have separate questions about it) on all three devices--then overnight tablet and phone would not connect, though laptop still does (tested while on the home network that is being VPN'ed to though). Phone and tablet were tested on remote/foreign nets.

Attachment shows the settings I used when exporting the ovpn for the client. Will post the ovpn exported with those settings and being used if asked.

The log shows the non-connect is due to TLS issue..
192.168.0.227:39125 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
192.168.0.227:39125 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

I have rebooted router. I have deleted everything on the tablet, including the OpenVPN Connect app, and reinstalled it all--same problem persists. Done multiple times. I am stymied.

I have some other questions too, but they're moot until I can get a connect.
Thanks.

Attachments

• OpenVPN-config-screen.png
    OpenVPN-config-screen.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited: