What's new

optware & RT-AC68 issues. (missing links).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

henrikk

Occasional Visitor
I am running 3.0.0.4.374.39 on a RT-AC68. I install optware by installing "Download Master" and then disabling it. When I ssh into the router ipgk appears to work and I can install software.

When I install 'iftop' (eg. "ipkg install iftop") the packages including the needed libpcap library get downloaded. iftop now works.

The problem is that the libpcap libraries are installed in:

/opt/lib

which does not not seem to survive a reboot. Note that all the other libraries in here are links to the USB drive which get recreated on startup, but "new" libraries like libpcap gets installed as a package here and not as a link to /tmp/mnt/USB/asusware.arm/lib. This happens with any library I install, not just libpcap.

As such, as soon as I reboot the router:

admin@asus:/tmp/opt/lib# iftop
iftop: can't load library 'libpcap.so.1'

I get the above error message. I think someone else reported similar issues. I can probably manually fix this by moving the libraries after installation and creating the links, but I am not sure this should be happening in the first place.

What am, I doing wrong?

- Henrik

I am running 3.0.0.4.374.39 on a RT-AC68. I install optware by installing "Download Master" and then disabling it. When I ssh into the router ipgk appears to work and I can install software.

When I install 'iftop' (eg. "ipkg install iftop") the packages including the needed libpcap library get downloaded. iftop now works.

The problem is that the libpcap libraries are installed in:

/opt/lib

which does not not seem to survive a reboot. Note that all the other libraries in here are links to the USB drive which get recreated on startup, but "new" libraries like libpcap gets installed as a package here and not as a link to /tmp/mnt/USB/asusware.arm/lib. This happens with any library I install, not just libpcap.

As such, as soon as I reboot the router:

admin@asus:/tmp/opt/lib# iftop

I get the above error message. I think someone else reported similar issues. I can probably manually fix this by moving the libraries after installation and creating the links, but I am not sure this should be happening in the first place.

What am, I doing wrong?

- Henrik

Post "mount" output here

Here is some more info including mount output.

Initial installation:

admin@asus:/tmp/home/root# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=127720k,nr_inodes=31930,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/mtdblock5 on /jffs type jffs2 (rw,noatime)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/SANDISK type vfat (rw,nodev,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=winnt,flush,errors=remount-ro)

admin@asus:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/lib | grep libpca
lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin root 12 Feb 3 15:15 libpcap.so -> libpcap.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin root 16 Feb 3 15:15 libpcap.so.1 -> libpcap.so.1.3.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 admin root 205724 Apr 3 2013 libpcap.so.1.3.0

iftop works. Now reboot.

admin@asus:/tmp/home/root# iftop

admin@asus:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/lib | grep libpca # no output
admin@asus:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/lib | grep libpc | head -1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin root 50 Feb 3 15:24 libpcre.so -> /tmp/mnt/SANDISK/asusware.arm/lib/libpcre.so.1.0.1

admin@asus:/tmp/home/root# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=127720k,nr_inodes=31930,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/mtdblock5 on /jffs type jffs2 (rw,noatime)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/SANDISK type vfat (rw,nodev,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=winnt,flush,errors=remount-ro)

Thank you to all who responded. Formatting the flash drive as ext2 solved the issue. iftop and other programs now survive reboot.

Regards,

- Henrik