What's new

Orbi RBK 23 Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ennienns

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I have bought an Orbi RBK23 set and I am mostly satisfied with it. However, I'm a bit annoyed that I can't "force" special devices to connect to a specific satellite. Because the automatic assignment to the next satellite doesn't really work.

Is there a custom firmware that would do this?

Hello everyone,

I have bought an Orbi RBK23 set and I am mostly satisfied with it. However, I'm a bit annoyed that I can't "force" special devices to connect to a specific satellite. Because the automatic assignment to the next satellite doesn't really work.

Is there a custom firmware that would do this?

In short, no. The RBK50 series has at least two popular custom firmware builds but I haven’t seen any popularly supported ones for the RBK23 series.

This surprisingly simple concept has several variables to it, most notably the client device.

I had the same issues previously with a three node Orbi setup and found that reducing to two nodes with better spacing addressed the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!