What's new

out of memory errors after plugging usb drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

junkone

Occasional Visitor
i plugged 3 tb seagage usb drive and have been having out of memory errors non stop as i tried to copy files over network share
can you suggest what i should do?
i am running Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.32_0-dwrpyd on RT n66u

uploaded my sys.log zipped

Attachments

• RTN66u.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 146
i plugged 3 tb seagage usb drive and have been having out of memory errors non stop as i tried to copy files over network share
can you suggest what i should do?
i am running Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.32_0-dwrpyd on RT n66u

uploaded my sys.log zipped

Most likely reasons are, either your filesystem has errors (in which case you should plug it to a PC and have it fixed with fsck/chkdsk), or you have the Media Server database stored in RAM, and it's filling up - move it to a folder on your disk instead.

i did the scandisk and it came out clean.
how do i move Media Server database to disk?

On the Media Server page you can select the desired location. Make sure you run 374.33 or 374.34, that option wasn't available in older versions.

where is the settings currently pointing to. Is it place in ram or in some physical storage in the router?
/tmp/mnt
/var/cache/minidlna

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 246
where is the settings currently pointing to. Is it place in ram or in some physical storage in the router?
/tmp/mnt
/var/cache/minidlna

You need to change the second one. /var/cache/minidlna is in RAM, so it can fill up when having a large database.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!