What's new

Outlook 365 & RT-AX3000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

designwebs

Occasional Visitor
We have a new RT-AX-3000 router. My wife has a HP laptop with officer 365 on it. She has connected fine. Now for some reason outlook 365 will not connect and appears to time out. But her one drive, word and all other office 365 apps work just fine.
If I created a guest network on the same router she can connect just fine. Everything worked fine. All other devices in our house can connect with no problems.

Any suggestions?

We have a new RT-AX-3000 router. My wife has a HP laptop with officer 365 on it. She has connected fine. Now for some reason outlook 365 will not connect and appears to time out. But her one drive, word and all other office 365 apps work just fine.
If I created a guest network on the same router she can connect just fine. Everything worked fine. All other devices in our house can connect with no problems.

Any suggestions?
Is the work offline mode active in outlook

Not sure about that. Although if she changes WIFI networks it starts right up.
Yeah, that part is odd. Is this a work laptop and using a vpn? Connected to a docking station? You mentioned it was an HP. I know the Dell laptops have some of their weird OEM software that interferes and was an issue in the past (it was causing ethernet and wifi to be on at the same time and cause tons of problems with MS software). And last but need to ask question, has she restarted the laptop while connected to that wifi. If it can surf and sync just fine with everything else, it's a weird one that outlook has an issue.

Off the shelf HP and no VPN, no docking station. When she is connected to that WIFI all office 365 apps work except outlook 365.

outlook 365 will not connect

Screenshot 2023-06-22 083556.png

I'm of the belief that the wifi issue may just be a coincidence. This looks like an outlook error to me.
An old method to reset outlook panes (not sure if it works on O365) is to open the Run box and type in outlook.exe /resetnavpane
May have to run a repair on it too if you are down to throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.
I can't figure out why it works on the guest wifi but not the regular one. Do you have any weird configuration on the main SSID?

I will try what you mentioned. No it's installed right out of the box. We changed the SSID name and passwords when we set it up. She has been using it since we got it over 2 months ago.

I will try what you mentioned. No it's installed right out of the box. We changed the SSID name and passwords when we set it up. She has been using it since we got it over 2 months ago.
To be clear, the issue started exactly when the new router was put into service. Laptop being used for two months on old router, new router, then outlook no longer works. Correct?

@designwebs, have you tried doing a full reboot of both the router and the laptop in question? Not a shutdown/turn-on, rather; Restart from the Start menu.

Be sure to do them together. And wait at least 10 minutes for the router to settle after it has rebooted, before doing any testing.

I was having Office 365 issues earlier today - Outlook and Teams both couldn't log in...

Maybe a service outage?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!