What's new

PIA Openvpn not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

inkblot

New Around Here
I have been trying to get the openvpn up and running via my ASUS AC3200 router. I have installed the latest Merlin firmware as well as trying the steps that I have found on the PIA Website. All of my efforts have failed so I am seeking help and advice. I have AT&T Uverse as my ISP and service. I have been able to get the PPTP and L2TP VPN up, but the security on those guys are not that great. I keep getting a SSL/TSL error when I turn on the OpenVPN. The AT&T gateway is set up to allow for a router behind a router deal. It is a bridge more or less. The model of the AT&T device is 5031NV. My connection speeds are at least 24 meg. The system log from the router is as follows:

Jan 9 16:54:35 rc_service: httpd 3535:notify_rc start_vpnclient2
Jan 9 16:54:37 openvpn[8190]: OpenVPN 2.3.8 arm-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on Dec 24 2015
Jan 9 16:54:37 openvpn[8190]: library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2e 3 Dec 2015, LZO 2.08
Jan 9 16:54:37 openvpn[8191]: NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Jan 9 16:54:37 openvpn[8191]: Cannot load CA certificate file ca.crt (no entries were read) (OpenSSL)
Jan 9 16:54:37 openvpn[8191]: Exiting due to fatal error

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I too am trying to setup PIA on my router with Asus Merlin Firmware.
It wont start and the syslog shows the following;

Jan 26 17:14:16 dnsmasq-dhcp[2347]: not giving name localhost to the DHCP lease of 192.168.1.57 because the name exists in /etc/hosts with address 127.0.0.1

Does this mean I need to remove an entry from the hosts file?

Any help appreciated.

Problem resolved with a couple of configuration changes.

Last edited: