What's new

[poll] how is your download speed with Mediafire?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

how is your download speed with Mediafire?

• I flat out cannot download at all from them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Just checking how widespread are issues with Mediafire's download speed. Personally, here in Canada, speed is fine - faster than a lot of other file lockers in fact.

If you have issues, please mention what country you are from.

Switzerland, as mentioned the other day, one download finished in seconds, the other was barely dial-up speed. Changed browser and deleted cache, same. Took about 30 minutes for it to finish.

Last edited:
Just checking how widespread are issues with Mediafire's download speed. Personally, here in Canada, speed is fine - faster than a lot of other file lockers in fact.

It took 15 minutes for 68U/P beta 2 firmware to complete. This is the first time I experience the slow download from mediafire.

Update: downloaded .64 just now and it came in seconds.
NYC

Last edited:
Mediafire has either not worked at all (a couple times) or only took a few seconds. Downloaded 3 different things and the longest was 8 seconds. (this was after a system restart so nothing was cached).

download time less then 1 minute in Belgium ...

Downloaded RT-AC68U in a couple of Seconds, however it took 13 minutes for RT-AC5300. This is Singapore on a 1Gbps fibre.

Download is at about 90 KB/sec right now.

The firmware file is small enough that I don't worry too much about the speed, but it did ramp up to 2.1 MB/s right away and slowly increased 2.2, 2.3, and so before the download finished.

I'm in the US, in Ohio.

It has improved significantly for access from Thailand. It was like 10minutes++ a few months ago. The last one I downloaded, 380.64, took about 2 minutes.

Add: 2minutes is completely fine for me.

i'm in canada so no issues with speed on Mediafire.

Less than 15 seconds here in Greene County, Arkansas, USA. ISP is Exede Sat. 25mbps download.

Hi RMerlin!

Just downloaded the 380.64 for ac68u with like 100 - 200 k speed in Bulgaria (55 mbits connection). Fist time it took so long for sure. I used to download a lot faster.

Hi,
AC68U 380.64 downloaded in 10-12s (2,5 - 3 MB/s) in Poland, no issues here.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Since over 80% of users have no problems, I will leave things as they are, with Mediafire being the primary site, and SF.net the alternative mirror. While the firmware download button will keep pointing at Mediafire, users will still be able to manually go to SF.net if Mediafire is being problematic for them.

Based on the randomness, I wonder if it's not because some specific ISPs are having poor routing to Mediafire's CDN (or if you aren't using a third party DNS that points you at the wrong download server).

Another reason I wanted to know right now is because my Mediafire Pro account is up for renewal this week. Still annoyed at them dropping their advanced statistics reports from the Pro account and their web interface is useless for file management, but AirExplorer pretty much resolved that major issue for me.

I'm in Sweden. I'm on a 100Mbit/s connection but it takes like 1 minutes and 30 seconds to download the firmware for the 87U. It always downloads without issues though, it's just kind of slow.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!