What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Quick answer, 22% lost over night in standby on Tablet Z, so the Android battery fix is probably not implemented in this build."

How does the router firmware stop droid batteries from draining?

I'm guessing DTIM period, beacon interval, and WMM APSD issues. Those can affect client power usage. Source.

Been running the 88 with the alphas from Alpha2 to current Alpha4. No issues whatsoever.. I am not a power user so might not be stress testing the unit too much. :)

Was reading about that wifi driver update, but didn't get, it's just on specific routers? on my ac56u it shows old version on alpha4.
thanks for answer :)

Was reading about that wifi driver update, but didn't get, it's just on specific routers? on my ac56u it shows old version on alpha4.
thanks for answer :)
Was only on the AC68U updated... :rolleyes:

Any improvement on 5GHz throughput with the new driver?

This is the same version of the Broadcom driver I get under stock Asus 3.0.0.4.378.9135 on a RT-AC68P. Shouldn't it be newer if the .380 firmware has a new Broadcom SDK?

OK, I updated to stock 3.0.0.4.380.1031 and now the Broadcom is version 6.37.104.126 (r561982).

Last edited:
@RMerlin - Given the issues I am having with the network map on 378.56_2 I figured I would try 380.57 alpha4. Everything seemed to work right for a number of hours however before 24hrs went by I was locked out of the router's GUI with a blank page and the URL said something about error 2 and locked out (but I am not sure). I could not access the router even using the alternative URL of the DHCP page (http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp) as I was doing when the network map page was crashing. Also, I still had an SSH session running on the router so I tried a few commands and they all returned "sh - can't fork". I returned to the router an hour or more later and the GUI was still inaccessible however the SSH session started working properly again so I issued the "reboot" command. I might add that I am connected to a computer on the router's network from outside so the routing was still working. After the reboot everything is working fine however I suspect it might happen again if it was caused by a memory leak or something similar. I have not wiped my NVRAM settings when coming from 378.56_2.

I tried alpha4 on my Ac68 but wireless had lots of problems. Certain devices could not connect, others worked badly. I am using default settings. No problem on wired clients. Also, still have problems adding or removing rules under bandwidth limiter section. I tried to reflash firmware and did a reset twice, but this time it didn't even let me add a rule in that section.
What should I do to completely reset the router?

I decided to go back to 378-2 for the moment, even if IP traffic doesn't show network map names (luckily completely fixed in the 380 version).

Keep up the good work.

I tried alpha4 on my Ac68 but wireless had lots of problems. Certain devices could not connect, others worked badly. I am using default settings.
Did you do a factory rest after the install of 57-alpha? Or how do you ensure default settings? :rolleyes:

I tried alpha4 on my Ac68 but wireless had lots of problems.

Remember the AC68 has a new wireless driver (SDK) with alpha 4. As mentioned above a complete factory reset should be done or you can run into issues.

Thanks Merlin for all your hard work, your FW really makes a difference.

I upgraded my AC68U from alpha 3 to alpha 4 and made a factory reset after the upgrade.
Now i have some problems on 2.4G...
Some clients can connect some can not.
And clients that can connect don't have internet access.

5G is ok, all clients can connect and all have internet access.
No such a problem on Alpha 3 and earlier releases.

Any ideas?

Thanks Merlin for all your hard work, your FW really makes a difference.

I upgraded my AC68U from alpha 3 to alpha 4 and made a factory reset after the upgrade.
Now i have some problems on 2.4G...
Some clients can connect some can not.
And clients that can connect don't have internet access.

5G is ok, all clients can connect and all have internet access.
No such a problem on Alpha 3 and earlier releases.

Any ideas?

I can confirm that, have exactly same problem here. Have to go back to alpha3.

Traffic Monitor - Global Real-time graph WAN(Internet) connection looks very similar to my Wireless (2.4) graph except that traffic is not going out the WAN port but is being recorded to a Wired PC. Asus AC88-380.858 doesn't have this problem but Merlin's alpha3/4 does. Also the Wireless 5 GHz graph show ZERO activity on the receive side. This issue is in all 3 versions of the firmware. Port monitoring issue maybe? This is for the Asus RT-AC88. Thanks...

I guess I'm the only one with this problem since no one replied. I reloaded Asus RT-AC88 380-858 firmware again and the issue of the real-time graph for the WAN appears to be correct but when using Merlin's alpha 3 or 4 the WAN graph looks similar to the 2.4 Wireless graph. Almost all of the 2.4 wireless is data from ip cameras which go to a wired PC on the LAN and not out the WAN. Since the issue changes with firmware I assume it isn't a hardware issue with my new 88.

The other issue which made me think it could be a hardware problem was that no one else has seen this and the graph for 5 GHz wireless has a flat-line for received data in all three firmware's that I have tried.

Would someone please give me some advice if I might be doing something incorrectly or a test I could run to help find/fix the problem. I did use John's migration restore tool coming from an RT-AC66 to the RT-AC88 after resetting to defaults. I guess I could always reset and start from scratch and manually reconfigure everything.

I got my FIOS caller id broken with alpha 4, it was functioning fine with alpa 3 so it seems DMZ is not working in this build.
Internet--->68P--->DMZ--->FIOS router.

Running Alpha 4 on an RT-AC68U for about 72 hours. Did a reset and seems to be working fine. One thing I've noticed is that some 2.4 ghz wireless clients are not connecting as fast as they did on 378.56_2 (e.g., a laptop that used to report it was connected at ~800 Mbps now reports 144-300 Mbps). I was having problems on 378.56_2 of CPU Core 1 maxing to 100%, pppoe connection dropping, and sometimes just a general sluggishness - I never figured out why. Those have not (yet) happened with Alpha 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.