What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running into a potential issue wit ignore, in that during startup, the system is reporting igmp errors, immediately following messages about bringing the varied interfaces up on the Rt-ac88u. I haven't noted this error before, and I do rely upon it to get my network to work properly.

Jul 31 20:00:18 kernel: IGMP Query send failed

New build 3.0.0.4.378.9383 official from Asus. RMerlin will u update sources to this build on next alpha/release? Thank you.

New build 3.0.0.4.378.9383 official from Asus. RMerlin will u update sources to this build on next alpha/release? Thank you.

380.57 is based on 380.858, the new firmwares/code is based on 378.9383... are ASUS using now two different branchs?? 378.9383 add some features/bugfix non present on 380...

EU resident here (having no 5 GHz on an AC66U with this build).

Looks like it's a regional issue then.

I do see some oddities related to the nvram settings involving the country here, tho it seems to default to using US, which makes it worth regardless of these odd settings. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it, all the region handling code is now closed source, so I have no way of figuring out why something is mishandling the country nvram settings.

380.57 is based on 380.858, the new firmwares/code is based on 378.9383... are ASUS using now two different branchs?? 378.9383 add some features/bugfix non present on 380...

380 branched out for the new models, while they kept implementing bugfixes to the 378 branches for other models. The 380 code is the most up to date at this time, which is why I won't be merging 9383. 380_1031 is more up-to-date.

Typically, Asus does that when new models come out. Once the new branch gets stabilized, they start working on testing it on older models, eventually shifting them to the new branch.

I don't see "per ip" bandwidth monitoring in this firmware for N66U. Is it taken out? Also when I decrease my wireless strength from 100% to 1%, if anything I see a gain in signal. Is this unusual?

380 branched out for the new models, while they kept implementing bugfixes to the 378 branches for other models. The 380 code is the most up to date at this time, which is why I won't be merging 9383. 380_1031 is more up-to-date.

Typically, Asus does that when new models come out. Once the new branch gets stabilized, they start working on testing it on older models, eventually shifting them to the new branch.

Thank you for always.

do you know if 380.1031 add finally Movistar (ISP) special "Triple VLAN" profile ? ASUS added it on 378.9383 but I can't see the merge on 380.1031 code, and is missing on AC68U 380.1031 changelog too.

Thank you for always.

do you know if 380.1031 add finally Movistar (ISP) special "Triple VLAN" profile ? ASUS added it on 378.9383 but I can't see the merge on 380.1031 code, and is missing on AC68U 380.1031 changelog too.

I don't know how that particular feature would look like, so no idea.

380.57-alpha4-gf1feccb

Code:
f1feccb openvpn: Report server,proto and port for connected OpenVPN clients on VPN status page
d8a668e openvpn: Fixed ovpn client getting started even if disabled when applying settings
fa9bb61 Updated documentation
556fc3c Refreshed binary blobs for RT-AC66U
41c2570 Fixed bad merges
5d4a53a Bumped revision to alpha 4
425670e Implement FAKEHDR, used to build the RT-AC68U firmware with a fake version in the TRX header.  This is required to ensure
efde583 Merge with GPL 380-1031 (AC68U)
430603d Updated ARM BCM6 SDK to 6.37.14.126 (r561982), required for new RT-AC68U revision
37bd0a8 miniupnpd: increase loglevel requirement for that warning message to reduce log spam
c4eefcf miniupnpc: Overwrite XML log instead of appending, otherwise the file will grow until it eventually fills up the router's
1dd9776 webui: Fix OUI queries sent to the IEEE database (partly based on upstream fix)
8208970 Reworked build script to copy a primary tree to all model trees rather than expect all trees to be up-to-date

Unfortunately I can't do anything about it, all the region handling code is now closed source, so I have no way of figuring out why something is mishandling the country nvram settings.
How can we report this to ASUS?

Latest Alpha4 (13th Dec) works fine for me so far on AC68U. 5GHz WiFi working fine (I am UK based) although I had to reboot my iPhone to connect. It reported 'unable to connect to WiFi' before the reboot.

HB

edit. Setting 5GHz bandwidth to anything but 20 does seem to break it. 5GHz WiFi only works on bandwidth setting 20.

Last edited:
I am in France.

Also just did noticed that "Preamble Type" in 5GHz is still missing for the AC68U.
Use this in: init-start

EDIT: Default is long
#!/bin/sh
nvram set wl1_plcphdr=short

To edit "jumbo" and " spanning" do it on "Wireless router mode" and then shift to AP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.