What's new

[Privoxy] Unable to take any additional connections: Resource temporarily unavailable.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XIII

Very Senior Member
I'm the "admin" for three different routers in three different homes; a RT-AC56U, a RT-AC66U, and a RT-AC68U which are all running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66_4 (but the problem occurred with older versions as well). They all run one instance of "privoxy" which acts as a "black hole" for ads on iOS devices (using the same configuration file, except for the "listen-address"). Unfortunately the 68U is often not allowing access to the App Store or iCloud on an iPad Air 2 (running iOS 10.3.2) when using this proxy. After inspecting the privoxy logs I noticed this error:

Unable to take any additional connections: Resource temporarily unavailable. Active threads: 12

This error occurs a lot on the 68U, sometimes on the 56U (last time 2 months ago) and never on the 66U.

What might be wrong here? How can I fix it?

What might be wrong here?
I think privoxy has a config setting that you can increase:
max-client-connections 128

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!