What's new

Problem with Cifs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NeutralGold

Regular Contributor
I moved about a month ago, and before then I had setup transmission through optware and then moved to entware. I had the files I downloaded sent strait to a cifs share I had setup. I moved and didn't really need transmission anymore since my connection is no longer shared with other people.

But last night I decided what the hell, it was pretty easy to use and I didn't have to use up any of the resources on my pc for downloading what little torrent files I do download.

Everything is setup as it was before, but now with the latest beta version of merlins firmware on my RT-N66I I'm getting spammed messages in my log any time a files tries to download.

Code:
Apr 23 05:59:46 kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 47 mid 1068
Apr 23 05:59:46 kernel:  CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -11, wrote 0
Apr 23 05:59:48 kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 47 mid 1069
Apr 23 05:59:49 kernel:  CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -11, wrote 0
Apr 23 05:59:50 kernel:  CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -11, wrote 0
Apr 23 06:00:35 kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 47 mid 1074
Apr 23 06:00:35 kernel:  CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -11, wrote 0
Apr 23 06:00:36 kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response to cmd 47 mid 1075
Apr 23 06:00:36 kernel:  CIFS VFS: Write2 ret -11, wrote 0

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the cifs share as far as reading and writing go. I've tested both via telnet and when I add a file to transmission, the file gets created but the download is very slow as if it were having trouble writing data.

I don't understand what the problem could be. I've set this up several times since I've had the router and never had a problem like this before.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong? A google search didn't really give me any ideas.