What's new

Problems with router ASUS AC56U and Merlin software

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rodrigo

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I own a router Asus AC56U in which I have installed the last version of Merlin Software(380.67_0). The problem begins when I start Movistar TV(Cable TV) the WIFI of the router gets disabled. First the 2.4Ghz band and secondly the 5GHZ.
What can be causing that problem??? It runs out of my mind.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. I'll be very gratefull if you help me.

Which firmware version were you running immediately prior to installing 380.67_0?

Did Moviestar TV work perfectly on that previous version?

Pardon my ignorance, but when you say "When I start Moviestar TV...", what exactly are you starting; is it some box attached by ethernet cable to the router?

Which firmware version were you running immediately prior to installing 380.67_0?

Did Moviestar TV work perfectly on that previous version?

Pardon my ignorance, but when you say "When I start Moviestar TV...", what exactly are you starting; is it some box attached by ethernet cable to the router?

Hi,

I was using the last stock version (3.0.0.4.380.7743). Yes, but now also work well, the problem is the wireless conection, it don't work when I turn on the Movistar TV. Movistar TV is like Canal+, do you know it? But this service it given by my company of Internet, Movistar.

Perhaps you could start Moviestar TV and then go to the Systems Logfile in the router's GUI and see if there are any entries for that event that might explain what the problem is?

After you flashed Merlin's firmware, did you reset the router to factory default settings? I don't think a factory default reset would have been essential given your previous firmware. However, if your logfile doesn't help, and there are no other suggestions, then a factory default reset and a manual input of all your settings would be all I could suggest.

Perhaps you could start Moviestar TV and then go to the Systems Logfile in the router's GUI and see if there are any entries for that event that might explain what the problem is?

After you flashed Merlin's firmware, did you reset the router to factory default settings? I don't think a factory default reset would have been essential given your previous firmware. However, if your logfile doesn't help, and there are no other suggestions, then a factory default reset and a manual input of all your settings would be all I could suggest.

Okay, I do that, but I don't understand the log, can I upload it here? I didn't do a factory default settings, I will try tomorrow.

Thanks

Okay, I do that, but I don't understand the log, can I upload it here? I didn't do a factory default settings, I will try tomorrow.

Thanks

If you go to the System Log page in the GUI. and press the Save button at the bottom, the log file should appear in the browser window. You should then be able to select and copy any parts of the logfile that are relevant.

If you go to the System Log page in the GUI. and press the Save button at the bottom, the log file should appear in the browser window. You should then be able to select and copy any parts of the logfile that are relevant.

Hi, I make the proof but the log don't have anything strange. Do you see something? In addition I don't have the terminal in the section tools, do you know why?

The website said I am blocked and I can't put the log, you can download here.

Thanks for help me.

Last edited:

Something?

I'm no expert but your logfile looks like you have a lot of problems. What extra stuff are you running?

Unless some clever person can put you right, my thoughts would be to start again. Reset the router to factory default settings and manually input your settings according to the advice laid out by L&LD, following it very carefully and methodically.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-often-does-everyone-upgrade.38333/#post-315904

And only run what you really need on the poor old router.

But you might get lucky and someone might have a better idea.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!