What's new

Skynet Question on skynet dropped packet logging

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eightiescalling

Quick question for those that know skynet better than I can understand it from reading the docs, firewall.sh script and a dig around SNB...

Does skynet change FW behaviour so only things it cares about get logged?

My iptables knowledge is shoddy at best but between the logs I'm seeing and the firewall.sh script, it doesn't feel as if all dropped packets are being logged - only the ones that match to skynets blocks.

Thank you!

This is correct.
Thanks @dave14305 - That's what I thought.

My next question then is given the firewall is configured to log all dropped packets, where have they been logged or did skynet swap the logging of everything for the logging of what it cares about?

==

Edit: So (for any others that may come looking another time) after a bit more experimentation (uninstalling/re-installing skynet and changing the various logging settings on the firewall tab) it appears that skynet does completely replace the default logging (rather than add to it). Seems there's less noise on the firewall than I thought but useful to work through and learn all the same.

Last edited: