What's new

Diversion diversion - question for beginner please !

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fanasus

Regular Contributor
Hello,
I jus went from to AGH à "Diversion Lite, I knew the interface of "AGH", but with "Diversion", I’m a bit lost, I explored and tried to get answers via the Internet, but without really solving my questions (besides English is not my language, and having a basic understanding of it)
here are my questions please:

1- where do we find, if a site is blocked for a Lan client, which must be unblocked!
2- must activate "dnsmask" ?
3- "Type 65 blocking (Firewall), I saw if I am not mistaken, that it "refers" to people with APPLE devices? this is my case. must activate it?
4-how to edit the "Blacklist" please (I made a mistake in a URL, and I do not see how to fix it on the interface, I connected in SSH too, but I do not see how to do it)

thanks !!

Last edited:
Hello,
I jus went from to AGH à "Diversion Lite, I knew the interface of "AGH", but with "Diversion", I’m a bit lost, I explored and tried to get answers via the Internet, but without really solving my questions (besides English is not my language, and having a basic understanding of it)
here are my questions please:

1- where do we find, if a site is blocked for a Lan client, which must be unblocked!
2- must activate "dnsmask" ?
3- "Type 65 blocking (Firewall), I saw if I am not mistaken, that it "refers" to people with APPLE devices? this is my case. must activate it?
4-how to edit the "Blacklist" please (I made a mistake in a URL, and I do not see how to fix it on the interface, I connected in SSH too, but I do not see how to do it)

thanks !!
Assuming you SSH into router and enter the command “diversion” and you should be able to get everything you need from the menu:
1. (site blocked for a LAN client), follow dnsmasq.log
2. DNSMASQ is enabled by default, you don’t need to do anything
3. Type 65 blocking I believe is not limited to Apple devices, but probably Android as well
4. Edit blacklist - go to advance options (the “o” on Diverison main menu and select “el”

The Diversion online help may provide further assistance - https://diversion.ch/diversion/manual/menu-header.html

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Assuming you SSH into router and enter the command “diversion” and you should be able to get everything you need from the menu:
1. (site blocked for a LAN client), follow dnsmasq.log
2. DNSMASQ is enabled by default, you don’t need to do anything
3. Type 65 blocking I believe is not limited to Apple devices, but probably Android as well
4. Edit blacklist - go to advance options (the “o” on Diverison main menu and select “el”

The Diversion online help may provider further assistance - https://diversion.ch/diversion/manual/menu-header.html

I hope this helps.
hello,
1- ok i found it, it's here: "var" "log" dnsmasq.log
2- "use dnsmasq setting" was not enabled by default (I activated it)
3- for the "type 65" it was not really the question, what I did not understand was its usefulness (I finally found a comprehensive answer thanks to a search type "AI") - (I activated it)
thanks @kstamand !

Last edited:
While you have to use a terminal to set everything, you'll find some of the basic customisation under
LAN>Diversion
If from the terminal you run "amtm" and add option "j5" you'll get a second tab in the WEBUI too
LAN>uiDivStats
You still can't do everything from the UI, but it gets you closer!

Beginner since this morning with diversion too :)

For not creating new post , I have question for Dnsmasq setting, by default cache is off , not better to enable it ?

Beginner since this morning with diversion too :)

For not creating new post , I have question for Dnsmasq setting, by default cache is off , not better to enable it ?
This is a setting for advanced users. Leave it alone unless you know exactly what you do. The Dnsmasq default settings are perfectly suited for our routers, including the default cache settings (when left at off for all of them in Diversion).
Don‘t lose sleep over it, leave it off in Diversion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!