What's new

R7800 Rebooting randomly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeredien

New Around Here
My R7800 reboots randomly multiple times a day. I have no clue why. Did a hard reset and on the latest Voxel firmware

I'm having the same issue but with the Orbi RBR50. It doesn't seem to reboot when hooked up to just ethernet but when I start to stream over the wifi then it reboots. I have the latest voxel firmware as well. Using the debug.htm webpage I can download the logs and I just figured out how to telnet into the router. Do I need to hook up a USB storage device in order for the logs not to go away once it reboots?

I have dmsg and the /var/log/messages going to the USB drive at /mnt/sda1 now. Any clues what I'll be looking for?

Its rebooted and I have the dmsg and messages log files but there isn't anything useful in them that I can see.

Its rebooted and I have the dmsg and messages log files but there isn't anything useful in them that I can see.
I have had the same thing with an R7000 configured as AP. Occasional resets. Theories going from overheating to a faulty power supply but without ever finding the true root cause.

If overheating is even a possibility, get a laptop cooling pad to put under your router.
I used a $15 one i found on amazon powered by USB and thanks to @kamoj
I know my CPU now runs about 25 degrees F cooler,
my 5g chip 45 degrees F cooler and 2g chip about 20 degrees F cooler.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!