What's new

R9000 802.11ad as backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StinkyToe

New Around Here
Hi all,

I have two Netgear X10 R9000's and my goal would be to set up the one as an access point (AP) at a far corner of the house and use the 802.11ad 60Ghz channel as the backhaul connection to the the primary router which is connected to my ISP.

I cannot find any documentation from Netgear indicating that this is supported. I can certainly run CAT 6 if I have to but given that 802.11ad 60Ghz is promising wireless back-haul faster than Gbit ethernet it would make sense to leverage that if possible.

Thoughts, Comments, Questions?

P.S. I don't have obstacles in the line of sight between the two routers so that isn't an issue.

Best Regards,

StinkyToe

Probably not...

Remember that 802.11ad is basically local line of sight - e.g. put a light bulb on the AP, and anything lit is a connection - so walls are pretty much a non-starter..

Understand high speed can be maintained at up to 10 metres clear line of sight...

What distance are you intending to utilise between both R9000's?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!