What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the AC88U and can not seem to use the OPENVPN client with success since upgrading from the 380.x firmware. I'm with Private Internet Access. Does anyone currently use them with 384.3 fimware and have it working? Would they care to share the openvpn client settings they use please? I haven't had issues before with 380.x but everything I try on this firmware does not seem to work. Often seizes up the router GUI completely once activated, and if not and appears to be working, blocks the connection to the internet on attached devices.
Any ideas?

I have the AC88U and can not seem to use the OPENVPN client with success since upgrading from the 380.x firmware. I'm with Private Internet Access. Does anyone currently use them with 384.3 fimware and have it working? Would they care to share the openvpn client settings they use please? I haven't had issues before with 380.x but everything I try on this firmware does not seem to work. Often seizes up the router GUI completely once activated, and if not and appears to be working, blocks the connection to the internet on attached devices.
Any ideas?

I have issues with PIA using my AC68U. I have opened a support ticket with PIA.

Any ideas?

PIA works fine for me.

Does that save everything, considering it's from 22-Sep-2017?

And do you need the Merlin ini file instead of the default one?
It seemed to work just fine. I just followed the directions in the readme file. The only thing I noticed different is that the TrendMicro stuff under AiProtection was turned off, perhaps because it changed quite a bit and added Two-way IPS into the mix.

I have noticed in the log since I updated, that I see on the hourly DDNS update:

Code:
Feb 20 18:53:01 watchdog: Hostname/IP mapping error! Restart ddns.
Feb 20 18:53:01 rc_service: watchdog 304:notify_rc start_ddns
Feb 20 18:53:01 start_ddns: update DOMAINS.GOOGLE.COM dyndns, wan_unit 0
Feb 20 18:53:04 ddns: ddns update ok

My DDNS is Google Domains, and it seems to be updating ok. The "mapping error" is new from before.

Nearly six days of uptime on 384.3 and everything running smooth here.

The RT-AC5300 is not supported by 384.3.

Is this for any particular reason? i was looking to buy the AC5300 or the ROG version of the 5300 but will probably look at somthing else if its not going to get updates from yours truly :)

Thanks once again RMerlin for your fine work. Found issue in 384.3 on my ac88u regarding scheduled access in parental area. When activated internet comes and goes on affected client. Worked fine on 382 and earlier. Had this issue on my ac66u a few years ago but it got solved, this is the first time the schedule feature got broken on ac88u. I hope it can get fixed as it is important for a parent.

I recently uploaded version 384.3 for my RT-AC68U and without any filtering set I cannot reach certain websites. I tried usps.com and an "Access Denied" error is thrown. I confirmed that my ISP is not blocking by connecting direct to my modem and I can reach the site without issue. It's only when I'm behind the router with this new firmware I have an issue. What gives?

Update: I tried reverting back to 380.69.2...same issue. Reverted back to 380.69.0..NO ISSUE!!

I say, what gives?

Last edited:
Is this for any particular reason? i was looking to buy the AC5300 or the ROG version of the 5300 but will probably look at somthing else if its not going to get updates from yours truly :)
I don't believe ASUS had released the source for this router in time to make this release. I think the AC5300 but not the ROG version is in the new 384.4 alpha releases though.

I recently uploaded version 384.3 for my RT-AC68U and without any filtering set I cannot reach certain websites. I tried usps.com and an "Access Denied" error is thrown. I confirmed that my ISP is not blocking by connecting direct to my modem and I can reach the site without issue. It's only when I'm behind the router with this new firmware I have an issue. What gives?

Update: I tried reverting back to 380.69.2...same issue. Reverted back to 380.69.0..NO ISSUE!!

I say, what gives?

Your ISP is issuing you an IP that is blacklisted by these sites. You are simply switching to a different IP during those firmware flash + reboot, which is why you are getting different results.

Hello, first off thank you for this amazing firmware! Lifesaver in many cases!

I have an ASUS RT-AC66U. I just upgraded to firmware version 384.3. Since then I have been getting this repeated error in my log and frequent drop outs. Please help! Thanks.

Feb 21 12:57:26 rc_service: watchdog 304:notify_rc start_dnsmasq
Feb 21 12:57:26 dnsmasq[20667]: bad dhcp-range at line 15 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Feb 21 12:57:26 dnsmasq[20667]: FAILED to start up

Hello, first off thank you for this amazing firmware! Lifesaver in many cases!

I have an ASUS RT-AC66U. I just upgraded to firmware version 384.3. Since then I have been getting this repeated error in my log and frequent drop outs. Please help! Thanks.

Feb 21 12:57:26 rc_service: watchdog 304:notify_rc start_dnsmasq
Feb 21 12:57:26 dnsmasq[20667]: bad dhcp-range at line 15 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Feb 21 12:57:26 dnsmasq[20667]: FAILED to start up

What does this line content? Also double check your LAN -> DHCP settings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!