What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Network Map, the devices list is continually refreshed, even with the View List it's the same thing.
This was not present with 380.69. A bit annoying

DNS Problem.
Sorry for my bad english. Firmware 384.4_2 and 384.4.0
If WAN DNS Setting - Connect to DNS Server automatically is YES, Then
Internet status: DNS
The addresses are not resolved:
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-3DC0:/tmp/home/root# nslookup ya.ru
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain

nslookup: can't resolve 'ya.ru'
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-3DC0:/tmp/home/root#

If WAN DNS Setting - Connect to DNS Server automatically is NO, Then
DNS Server1 - 109.235.216.21
DNS Server2 - 8.8.8.8
The addresses are not resolved:

nslookup: can't resolve 'ya.ru'
admin@RT-AC66U_B1-3DC0:/tmp/home/root#

If WAN DNS Setting - Connect to DNS Server automatically is NO
DNS Server1 - 109.235.216.21
DNS Server2 - 109.235.216.21
or
DNS Server1 - 8.8.8.8
DNS Server2 - 8.8.8.8
Then

Name: ya.ru
Address 1: 2a02:6b8::2:242 ya.ru
Address 2: 87.250.250.242 ya.ru

I just installed 384.4_2 over 384.4 and now I can't access my WRT-AC3200 remotely. Family is saying their wi-fi isn't working either.
* edit *
Seems another reboot fixed it

Last edited:
Upgraded my AC86U from 384.4 to 384.4_1 (will install _2 later today).

When remotely logging into the router I have no internet connectivity via IPSec VPN, but it does work via OpenVPN.

This is exactly what I experienced I placed the main router IP DNS in the optional DNS field and I was able to use the internet through the VPN.

I did a default of the router and I no longer need to specify the DNS in the settings. it passes through properly. *When the VPN works.

However one word of caution follow up on a few of my posts, the IPSec VPN has not been kind to me at all, with crashes of the VPN, GUI lock ups etc.

Mainly my issues semi often occurred after a reboot, or very frequent over night. For example I slept form 330 am till 930 am. At 330 I toggled the VPN to regain access before waking at 0930 it had crashed already, VPN and GUI froze needing me to pull the plug to regain access.

iOS worked fine. It’s all I use and worked across 2 phones 2 iPads.

I am thinking I need a nuke and pave again after moving to .4_2

Router.

VPN Server , IPSec toggle from general to advanced. DNS will show with a yellow optional.

Sorry that should get you close. I’m out and going from memory.

There is little bug.
When I set openvpn client config to Default, almost was gone but only Start with WAN setting remained to Yes.
nvram get vpn_clientx_eas => 1,3, (I removed client 3)

Fixed.

Router.

VPN Server , IPSec toggle from general to advanced. DNS will show with a yellow optional.

Sorry that should get you close. I’m out and going from memory.
Thank you, the instructions were good enough to find it.

Unfortunately setting the DNS to 192.168.1.1 does not fix my problems; I still cannot access the internet or the router.

Hmm that’s got me to thinking. I upped to .4_2 this weekend and never tried the internet (with this build). All I did was check connection ability. Which was always my issue.

If I get in early enough tonight, my goal is another nuke n pave. I’ll let you know if it works after that.

edit: clarification added to indicate I had not checked internet access with this specific build.

Last edited:
Reverted to 384.3 to test IPSec again. That was stupid since 384.3 did not supported IPSec yet... (on the AC86U)

Reverted to 384.4 to test IPSec again. I could access the router via both https://router.asus.com:8443 and https://192.168.1.1:8443, but had no internet access. After I added 192.168.1.1 as DNS I still had no internet access and could also no longer access the router...

Went back to 384.4_2. iOS connects to IPSec VPN, but I can't seem to access anything.

PS: Yes, I'm indeed currently using 8443 as HTTPS LAN port.

since installing 384_4_2 it seems that the airptotection info (malicious sites, 2 way firewall etc) is not being updated, anybody with the same problem?

since installing 384_4_2 it seems that the airptotection info (malicious sites, 2 way firewall etc) is not being updated, anybody with the same problem?
Mine is:
Code:
Signature Version   
2.060  Updated : 2018/03/23 10:50

Hardly ever comment, but 384_Beta to 384_2 update to new RT-AC86U with no issues. Thanks Merlin

P.S. Have been using Merlin's and/or john9527 since I joined in 2013 and never have had an issue on RT-N66, RT-AC68, now RT-AC86.

Last edited:
I disabled the IPSec VPN after my last crash or lock up (early Sunday), and so far my 5300 has been great, no GUI lock ups etc. I was running it during this time with no VPN at all.

I had mentioned doing a default earlier in the day. (AGAIN). Instead, I am going to re enable the IPSec VPN in a day or so, and see if my lock ups return. . This way if they do return, I can do a default and then (hopefully) run solid without the possibility of corruption from all those *power disruptions and go back to OpenVPN.

* pulling the plug to regain router access.

Well till merlin is ready to test 4.5 :)

(AC68U on 384.4)

This had been reported on 384.3 but seems unaddressed in 384.4 --

[1] Parental control -> time schedule is broken. Any device set to have time schedule would frequently (and randomly) show the "internet blocked" page during the allowed time period.
[2] Firewall -> Network service filter is not reliable. Sometimes (not always) blocked ports are still accessible during blocked periods. May be related to [1]; it seems the time checking is faulty.

Yes it seems like a there is a general issue with time checking/scheduling, because as mentioned before the wireless network scheduler does not work as well.

edit: You can try to disable NAT acceleration: Connection issue of Time Schedule of AiProtection in Parental Control Merlin 384.3?

Last edited:
@RMerlin

After troubleshooting the repeater mode issue this looks more and more like a dhcp issue. I have static reservations for my certain nodes in my network. Instead of getting addresses from the dhcp reservation, they are getting addresses form the pool. After reseting the SSID that the remote nodes are connecting to, the nodes finally get their reservation ip addresses. The funny part is after the ssid is reset and a quick reset. Everything starts working correctly.

incorrect dhcp offer
Feb 18 18:29:25 dnsmasq-dhcp[622]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.126 00:16:6c:a1:9e:64

correct offer
Mar 18 22:19:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[23436]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.233 00:16:6c:a1:9e:64

Attachments

• before wireless log.png
    before wireless log.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 528
  • after ssid reset wireless log.png
    after ssid reset wireless log.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
@RMerlin

After troubleshooting the repeater mode issue this looks more and more like a dhcp issue. I have static reservations for my certain nodes in my network. Instead of getting addresses from the dhcp reservation, they are getting addresses form the pool. After reseting the SSID that the remote nodes are connecting to, the nodes finally get their reservation ip addresses. The funny part is after the ssid is reset and a quick reset. Everything starts working correctly.

incorrect dhcp offer
Feb 18 18:29:25 dnsmasq-dhcp[622]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.126 00:16:6c:a1:9e:64

correct offer
Mar 18 22:19:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[23436]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.233 00:16:6c:a1:9e:64

I have 3 RT-AC3100's. My network has 1 as the router & 2 operating in repeater mode with static IP addresses. All is well here.

Hey guys

Not going to be reading 20 odd pages.

Updated my AC5300, unable to load GUI via HTTPS using my SSL certificate. The previous version was excellent, no issues.

Anyone having that same issue? And if so any workaround?

Cheers

Same here. With a 5300. Was suggested to initialize router and start from fresh. But I have no time so I rolled back to the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!