What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally gotten around to upload 384.4_2 (coming from 384.3) onto my RT-AC68U.

First try gave all sorts of USB errors (on a new thumb drive), but after repartitioning it on the router itself, things got better on the second try. Started completely fresh, power cycle included. Now it runs smoothly, so apparently the USB drive gave issues I never experienced before after following @skeal 's steps. However, QoS still doesn't work for me (it stopped working when I updated to the now obsolete 382 branch and hasn't worked since). QoS is switched on, manual bandwidth settings (360/36 - < 90% of actual available bandwidth), fq_codel, streaming media profile. The bandwidth gauges on the QoS Bandwith Monitor page work, however QoS statistics and Web History remain empty. Tried toggling, restarting, waited several minutes but even after a nights sleep, there's no evidence of QoS actually working.

I think it's a shame that. despite @RMerlin's continuous (and much appreciated) efforts, issues like these can't be properly debugged and resolved as it's apparently all closed source now, where the issues are. I'm not a novice user, tried even on a completely virgin install, with no other settings configured then WPA and administrator credentials, but QoS just doesn't work anymore for me, even though it does for several other RT-AC68U users (which annoys me beyond comprehension).

It's moments like these I'm considering whether I should downgrade (again) to the 380 branch when everything (and I truly mean everything) worked fine, and patiently wait for 380.70 stable but my biggest fear is that scripts like AB-Solution by @thelonelycoder, Skynet by @Adamm and dnscrypt installer by @bigeyes0x0 will at some point no longer be supported on builds in the 380 branch. These scripts have become so crucial to me, that I fear that at some point I'll have no other choice then to follow the majority running the 384(+) branch, if I want to keep using the scripts mentioned before, but can completely forget about QoS, which is definitely a huge loss of functionality for me. To me personally, I feel the 382 branch and later, despite the new developments, and having several unsolvable issues, in no way justify the fact that they (Asus) have left Eric with his hands bound tightly because of the increasing amount of closed source binaries, which is a shame as Asus probably would have done a much better job at hiring him, rewarding him for his incredible work and make him lead developer on Asuswrt... It probably sounds somewhat dramatic but Asus' recent decisions seem to announce the end of an era, which makes me sad.

Having said that: my QoS still doesn't work. Sigh. So it's probably back to 380.6x (again), once I can work up the courage to reconfigure it again.

Dont know if this is related to firmware update, but anyway;

My 2017 LG SmartTV will no longer maintain a fast wifi connection. Netflix streaming is now down to 0.53 - 1mbps, and youtube also buffering like crazy. If i connect the TV to my Galaxy S9+, the speed is where is should be. 4K 15Mbps on Netflix.

I have not watched Netflix for some weeks now, but LG SmartTV WiFi to my AC3200 was working flawlessy with the 380.XX firmware..

Same on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Last edited:
My 2017 LG SmartTV will no longer maintain a fast wifi connection. Netflix streaming is now down to 0.53 - 1mbps, and youtube also buffering like crazy. If i connect the TV to my Galaxy S9+, the speed is where is should be. 4K 15Mbps on Netflix.

I have not watched Netflix for some weeks now, but LG SmartTV WiFi to my AC3200 was working flawlessy with the 380.XX firmware..

Did you do a factory restore and manually config everything from scratch(no setting restoration) when you moved from 380.XX to 384.XX?

Did you do a factory restore and manually config everything from scratch(no setting restoration) when you moved from 380.XX to 384.XX?

Yes, i did. I just did a factory restore once again now just to try, and factory reset my TV, but still the streaming speed is low.Tried 2.4 and 5Ghz, Tried different channels, 20/40/80Mhz, N Only etc etc.

Once connected to my S9+ everything is fine. Cant downgrade to 380 firmware either!

All my other devices seems to be working fine, but the SmartTV is not :(

(AC68U on 384.4)

This had been reported on 384.3 but seems unaddressed in 384.4 --

[1] Parental control -> time schedule is broken. Any device set to have time schedule would frequently (and randomly) show the "internet blocked" page during the allowed time period.
[2] Firewall -> Network service filter is not reliable. Sometimes (not always) blocked ports are still accessible during blocked periods. May be related to [1]; it seems the time checking is faulty.

+1 for the Parental Control issue on my RT-AC68U, having gone straight from 380.69 to 384.4 with factory reset.

Is it just me that has lost the button to upload/generate an HTTPS certificate?
AC88U running in Media Bridge mode on 384.4_2.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.22.49.png

Is it just me that has lost the button to upload/generate an HTTPS certificate?
AC88U running in Media Bridge mode on 384.4_2.

View attachment 12471
it was moved to ddns page long long time ago.
DDNS under WAN.

Reactions: JDB
it was moved to ddns page long long time ago.
DDNS under WAN.

Thanks.

That seems a less than useful place to put it! First because it has nothing to do with DDNS or WAN and second because in various modes (such as Media Bridge) the WAN pages don’t exist!

@RMerlin - any plans to put it back in the sensible place under Administration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I manually went to Advanced_ASUSDDNS_Content.asp and had it generate a new certificate.

Now I can’t even get to the login page, the browser has some kind of loop trying to connect.

Which files do I need to go edit is SSH to make it have no certificate for now!?

Good day,

After upgrading to 384.4.2 I realized that enabling ftp on lan only will also enable it on wan port.
tried a factory default installation with the same result.

Thanks for your help,
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 7.19.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 7.20.56 AM.png

Thanks.

That seems a less than useful place to put it! First because it has nothing to do with DDNS or WAN and second because in various modes (such as Media Bridge) the WAN pages don’t exist!

Merlin didn't change it, ASUS changed that.

Merlin didn't change it, ASUS changed that.

Yea I know. But Merlin sometimes moves things around (such as this as Asus put it in a stupid place!).

I manually went to Advanced_ASUSDDNS_Content.asp and had it generate a new certificate.

Now I can’t even get to the login page, the browser has some kind of loop trying to connect.

Which files do I need to go edit is SSH to make it have no certificate for now!?

Empty the browser cache, delete the old certificates in you browser or try a different Browser should help with that.

Empty the browser cache, delete the old certificates in you browser or try a different Browser should help with that.

Thanks, that's got me back in. It's not actually generated a new certificate.

I really don't want to have to switch it to router mode, do the cert and switch it back. Hopefully Merlin can work some magic in a future release!

Should be stored in /jffs/ssl/

Have you tried using other browser? Have you try clear cache?

Even if cert is faulty, there is no reason to delete generated cert in order to access via http instead of https. Have you try restarting router in case there is some cache issue?

Should be stored in /jffs/ssl/

Have you tried using other browser? Have you try clear cache?

Even if cert is faulty, there is no reason to delete generated cert in order to access via http instead of https. Have you try restarting router in case there is some cache issue?

I had rebooted, closing the browser and re-opening did the trick. Thanks.

Would be problematic due to the changes Asus made for Let's Encrypt support - re-implementing those changes on the System page would be difficult (since LE relies on DDNS).

There is now a link on the System page pointing you to the DDNS page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!