What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get the white page because the SSL connection can't be established. you would need to import the certificate to your client so the keys can be exchanged for that.

I've imported the PS cert and same result. Chrome would show a not trusted error if that was the problem. https://192.168.1.2 is not accessible. AICloud is disabled and I've changed the port on that anyway. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Im not familiar with vortex.... there might be an nvram setting that works. I had a quick look through the list on my merlin router and webdav_https_port looks like it might be the one.

Hey just wanted to give you an update.

This worked for me

nvram set webdav_https_port=9443
nvram commit
reboot

Ai cloud app shows port 9443 in use now I can continue on with the pixelserv setup.

Good to go.

Last edited:
If i have an USB flash inserted into router, i have to copy script to flash first?

If i have an USB flash inserted into router, i have to copy script to flash first?
For a new install? No, you best read post No. 1 again in full.

Great and powerful tool. Thanks for all your hard work.
I recently upgraded to the latest version and i have been noticing this error in the system log.

crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add

Any idea what the problem is?

Great and powerful tool. Thanks for all your hard work.
I recently upgraded to the latest version and i have been noticing this error in the system log.

crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add

Any idea what the problem is?
Run (u) manually and look for errors. But it might just be the cron job that is missing something. Disable and reenable Ad-blocking, this will create a new cron job.

Out of interest, could you enter
cru l
(lower L) before doing anything, and then after and post the two outputs.

Run (u) manually and look for errors. But it might just be the cron job that is missing something. Disable and reenable Ad-blocking, this will create a new cron job.

Out of interest, could you enter
cru l
(lower L) before doing anything, and then after and post the two outputs.

Thanks for your reply mate, much appreciated. :)

Before
00 2 * * /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add cronjob #UpdateHosts#
20 5 * * * /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/rotate-logs.add #RotateLogs#

After

I ran (u) manually and didnt find any errors. Its successfully downloaded the files, processed and sorted them.
sorting, removing whitelist entries
this'll take about 44 seconds...
your RT-AC68U did it in 7 seconds
211317 hosts are now blocked

System log shows
Nov 16 12:11:38 rc_service: service 2108:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:11:38 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:11:38 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:11:38 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:11:52 rc_service: service 2367:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:11:52 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:11:53 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:11:53 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:12:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 12:13:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 12:13:47 admin: AB-Solution updated hosts file, 211317 Domains are now blocked
Nov 16 12:13:47 rc_service: service 3240:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:13:47 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:13:48 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:13:48 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:13:48 rc_service: service 3248:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:13:50 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:13:51 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:13:51 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:14:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 12:15:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add

Thanks for your reply mate, much appreciated. :)

Before

After

I ran (u) manually and didnt find any errors. Its successfully downloaded the files, processed and sorted them.
sorting, removing whitelist entries
this'll take about 44 seconds...
your RT-AC68U did it in 7 seconds
211317 hosts are now blocked

System log shows
Nov 16 12:11:38 rc_service: service 2108:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:11:38 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:11:38 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:11:38 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:11:52 rc_service: service 2367:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:11:52 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:11:53 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:11:53 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:12:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 12:13:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 12:13:47 admin: AB-Solution updated hosts file, 211317 Domains are now blocked
Nov 16 12:13:47 rc_service: service 3240:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:13:47 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:13:48 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:13:48 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:13:48 rc_service: service 3248:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 12:13:50 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 12:13:51 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:13:51 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 12:14:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 12:15:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Enter (cu) and select redownload all addons.
Then enter (22) and look for errors.

Reactions: G F
Enter (cu) and select redownload all addons.
Then enter (22) and look for errors.

Redownloaded all addons.
Result = ' Done installation check, no errors found.'

I then disabled/enabled ab and unfortunately the problem still remains..

Nov 16 13:13:08 rc_service: service 8211:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 13:13:09 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 13:13:09 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:13:09 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:13:15 rc_service: service 8469:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 13:13:15 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 13:13:16 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:13:16 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:14:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 13:15:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add

just an observation , and I don't know if it is pertinent to your problem or not.... your mount point is shown as /sda1 which means you have not given a name to the partition.
I would advise you to name your partitions, because /sda1 may not always be true depending on if other devices are plugged in or out of your router, or the order devices are detected on reboot.
Once this happens your scripts can now be pointing at the wrong or a non existent partition.

Redownloaded all addons.
Result = ' Done installation check, no errors found.'

I then disabled/enabled ab and unfortunately the problem still remains..

Nov 16 13:13:08 rc_service: service 8211:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 13:13:09 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 13:13:09 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:13:09 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:13:15 rc_service: service 8469:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Nov 16 13:13:15 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Nov 16 13:13:16 admin: AB-Solution added entries via ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:13:16 admin: AB-Solution linked dnsmasq.postconf to ab_dnsmasq_postconf.sh
Nov 16 13:14:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Nov 16 13:15:01 crond[457]: user admin: parse error at /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/addon/update-hosts.add
Run (h) , keep the same hosts file but change updateday (and time if you want) to another day than the one it is set ATM.
That'll fix it.

just an observation , and I don't know if it is pertinent to your problem or not.... your mount point is shown as /sda1 which means you have not given a name to the partition.
I would advise you to name your partitions, because /sda1 may not always be true depending on if other devices are plugged in or out of your router, or the order devices are detected on reboot.
Once this happens your scripts can now be pointing at the wrong or a non existent partition.

I also should have done this left mine as /sda5 I however don't plug any other drives into the router and just access stuff directly over the network so think I should be ok.

https://192.168.1.2/anything.gif shows the usual 'This site can’t be reached'.

However when I check http://192.168.1.2/servstats I see the following:

Code:
slh    1387    # of accepted HTTPS requests
slm    85    # of rejected HTTPS requests (missing certificate)
sle    0    # of rejected HTTPS requests (certificate available but bad)
slu    239    # of dropped HTTPS requests (unknown error)

So I'm a bit confused.

https://192.168.1.2/anything.gif shows the usual 'This site can’t be reached'.

However when I check http://192.168.1.2/servstats I see the following:

Code:
slh    1387    # of accepted HTTPS requests
slm    85    # of rejected HTTPS requests (missing certificate)
sle    0    # of rejected HTTPS requests (certificate available but bad)
slu    239    # of dropped HTTPS requests (unknown error)

So I'm a bit confused.
Yes it would appear that your pixelserv is working fine for both http and https requests. Not sure why you are still getting a "site cant be reached" message. Can you look in syslog and see if pixelserv generated a certificate for the address of the machine you were using to make the request. (syslog should show the pixelserv cert generation irrespective of whether logging is on or off). When you made the https request to the pixelserv IP, the pixelserv server should have generated a wildcard certificate on the fly for it. I tried this myself last night, and once I had manually accepted the cert as valid, I could then see the 1X1 pixel gif in the page elements.

Could we had local file ? I used to download that hosts file (https://sourceforge.net/projects/adzhosts/files/) which i can't update with AB actually but want to do it manually (putting the file on entware for instance).
I would not advice to use such a large permanent local file that then never gets updated. It would soon be outdated and contain entries that are no longer valid.
If a list cannot be downloaded automatically then it is not suitable for use, especially not with AB-Solution.
edit : the same if i want to manually add malware domains file from there : http://www.urlblacklist.com/
If I look at the "smalltestlist" files, that list appears not to be a hosts list that would work with AB-Solution.
It must be in this format:
0.0.0.0 pricegrabber.com
0.0.0.0 www.otherdomain.com

There is the option 5 in (h) to enter your own hosts file download links, but as said above, this must be a direct download link to the file.

Ok thanks you for your anwser. Appreciate it.
I have another question actually my repo is called entware-ng.arm and is not supported by AB to install pixelserv.

Entware installed and running
- but no supportet Entware directory found

Supported are 'entware' or 'entware-ng'
named directories. Please investigate first.

How can i modify your script to make it OK ? If i rename my dir it will screws a lot of things.

Will it do the trick if i rename all entware-ng entries in pixelserv-tls.add with entware-ng.arm ?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.