What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is anyone able to access www.hardocp.com with AB and pixelserv running?

I know they were pretty anal before about having their ads blocked.

I had them white listed in Ad block but not with the new ab blocking solution can someone check this for me?

Disregard this request they were having a DNS issue so the problem was site specific and they have fixed it now.

Does anybody encountering the same issue as me?
Code:
getting hosts file 1, preprocessing file...
 http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
-                   100%[=====================>] 124.20K  --.-KB/s   in 0.04s

download hosts file 1 failed, using backup file

Does anybody encountering the same issue as me?
Code:
getting hosts file 1, preprocessing file...
 http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
-                   100%[=====================>] 124.20K  --.-KB/s   in 0.04s

download hosts file 1 failed, using backup file
Is it only this file, or all of them?
Winhelp will block your IP for a time if you download their hostsfile too many times within a certain time.

When i digit 192.168.1.4/servstat (my ps ip) in browser the page don't show nothing, only is white! What's wrong?

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

I re-read your post and I believe the solution you have provided will simply disable ad-blocking on that client when specified DNS is used. The problem is that I cannot set DNS on TV set for IPTV app by itself. Instead I have to change Network settings so essentially all of my apps will be routed through that specific DNS, which disables ad blocking for youtube app. I am trying to figure out the way to watch youtube without ads and keep IPTV service running. Your solution simply changes DNS TV is going to use on the router side instead of TV network settings.

Here is what I believe has worked (essentially your recommended settings with one exception):
Go to /Parental Controls/DNS-Filtering/
- set 'Enable DNS-based Filtering' to ON
- set 'Global Filter Mode' to 'Router'
- fill in 'Custom (user-defined) DNS 1' with, for example, Google's DNS 8.8.8.8
- select your client(s) in the Client List and set 'Filter Mode' 'Custom 1'
- click Apply

Thank you for your help once again. I did see one commercial on youtube but I was changing settings back and force. I will update this post if ads come back.
Here is an update. Ad blocking doesn't work with the solution above. If I change WAN DNS settings to those I need for IPTV, ad blocking doesn't work either. Is it possible to get AB-Solution to work with custom DNS? If so what are the necessary steps?

Here is an update. Ad blocking doesn't work with the solution above. If I change WAN DNS settings to those I need for IPTV, ad blocking doesn't work either. Is it possible to get AB-Solution to work with custom DNS? If so what are the necessary steps?
I have no way to test this ATM, you or someone else will have to figure out a way. And I'm not sure there is one.

Hi..
I have installed the script also but keep getting this error :
/etc/dnsmasq.conf is missing content
Errors found.
Read the check's output for clues.

i have checked if /etc/dnsmasq.conf is there and it is....
Any way to fix this ??

I have a stupid question maybe...
Can it be pixelserv used also as simple local web server?
For example using a folder in that USB drive to put there some html pages then to be accessible with something like 192.168.0.3/abcd.html or 192.168.0.3/qwe/abcd.html?
I'm looking for this because I don't have other web server at home available 24/7

Hi..
I have installed the script also but keep getting this error :
/etc/dnsmasq.conf is missing content
Errors found.
Read the check's output for clues.

i have checked if /etc/dnsmasq.conf is there and it is....
Any way to fix this ??
Switch logging or ad-blocking off and back on.
These entries are missing in the file.

I have a stupid question maybe...
Can it be pixelserv used also as simple local web server?
For example using a folder in that USB drive to put there some html pages then to be accessible with something like 192.168.0.3/abcd.html or 192.168.0.3/qwe/abcd.html?
I'm looking for this because I don't have other web server at home available 24/7
No, PS is not capable of that.
But since you have Entware running, you could install nginx.

In the weekly stats etc. is it possible to map the IP to a name so it makes it more user friendly?
192.168.1.47 is like what's that? Where as "Bobs phone" is easier to read :)

In the weekly stats etc. is it possible to map the IP to a name so it makes it more user friendly?
192.168.1.47 is like what's that? Where as "Bobs phone" is easier to read :)
That information is not available to Dnsmasq and by the time the stats are computed this may even be inaccurate.

That information is not available to Dnsmasq and by the time the stats are computed this may even be inaccurate.
Not to be a troublemaker :) You could probably do it for those clients with a manually assigned IP by extracting the info from nvram var dhcp_staticlist (but may not be worth the effort)

Not to be a troublemaker :) You could probably do it for those clients with a manually assigned IP by extracting the info from nvram var dhcp_staticlist (but may not be worth the effort)
Slightly off topic, but I have been wondering about this for a long time.
While NGC 1365, the Great Barred Spiral Galaxy, is your avatar, you confuse me with 9527 to no end. There is no object 9527 in the New General Catalogue.

Slightly off topic, but I have been wondering about this for a long time.
While NGC 1365, the Great Barred Spiral Galaxy, is your avatar, you confuse me with 9527 to no end. There is no object 9527 in the New General Catalogue.

John's a new star! :)

(That's the only logical explanation).

John's a new star! :)

(That's the only logical explanation).
I'll prepare the paperwork, should be easy to get them to add a remarkable star(system).

Code:
/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

Status
Not open for further replies.