What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Program installed through ipkg stop working after a reboot. As I understand it, this is due to the loss of the files installed in /opt/lib/.

Also I have some problems with quagga, it doesn't send hello packets.

On 380.59 everything worked fine.

Last edited:
There has been zero changes to OpenVPN or networking between Beta 1 and final, the only change was related to the webui.

Code:
0d6a8a2 Bumped revision to 380.61 final
63e17b4 Updated documentation
24cf134 Updated documentation
10d05e3 minidlna: Revert some of Asus's changes, including the switch to uptime(), and the hardcoded SSDP broadcast every 3 seconds.
0eb64f5 rc: Move some old FW conversion code from init_nvram() to init_nvram2()
8ae87ca webui: Convert MACs to uppercase when entered on the DHCP static lease form
df148ea webui: Spoof TTL setting does not have any corresponding help popup - diasble hyperlink (fixes #991)
d69b254 rc: Move OpenVPN nvram state initialization from init_nvram() to init_nvram2() (fixes #990); rewrite part of it as a loop
d0759cd Bumped revision to beta 2
9afba4d Fix revision name
9ab2f79 Updated documentation
2d6954a Bump revision to beta 1

The vast majority of these changes are in fact to the webui and the documentation. The only meaningful code change was with minidlna.

Thank you RMerlin. You confirmed what I thought. I have some custom settings I used in 380.59. I will remove those and start adding back one by one to see which one may be the root cause of the performance issue.

I did start getting the following message with the 380.60 betas and 380.61 releases. I did not have this warning with 380.59. I have been searching forums looking for answers but have not come across one yet:

openvpn-routing: Skipping, client 1 not in routing policy mode

I have Accept DNS Configuration set to "Exclusive"

Thanks for all the hard work you do.

Folks, I think the DLNA question has been debated to death by now. Let's move on.

In case it helps others with the DLNA issue I have fixed my setup. I had the same issue where after upgrading to .61 (.59 had same issue) my DLNA server (in my case running off a synology NAS) was no longer visible on my Samsung 2014 smart TV, S7 or Windows 10 laptop. SMB etc still worked perfectly on laptop.

I was about to downgrade to .58 again when I had a little play around. I reduced the SSDP advertisement interval on the DLNA server from the default 800 to 400.

On the router (AC87U) I also changed "Miniupnp: Enable secure mode" in "Tools" "other settings" to no (though I don't think this had anything to do with it as I have since changed it back to yes with no ill effects.

After changing the SSDP setting on the DLNA server everything showed up again. I have since changed the setting back to the original 800 without issue.

The only other thing I checked in "WAN" is that the allowed UPNP port range does not exclude the port the DLNA server uses.

In my case I believe that following the upgrade the router had not yet picked up on the SSDP advertisement from the DLNA server yet and changing the setting simply forced a new advertising broadcast. I dont think the other changes I made had anything to do with it but I can't be sure.

I am not a professional so I may be totally off the reservation but the above steps worked so I am a happy user. Hope others get their setups working. Thank you Merlin for all your efforts.

The changelog mentioned a fix was in place for starting samba browse master and wins when no USB was connected. I flashed the updated firmware, and nbtstat still shows no entry for the router becoming browse master with no USB drives connected. Is there anything else I can try to get this to work?

FTP now seems to be an issue. A router reboot is needed in order to connect via wireless LAN to my Vu+ Ultimo.

Thank you RMerlin. You confirmed what I thought. I have some custom settings I used in 380.59. I will remove those and start adding back one by one to see which one may be the root cause of the performance issue.

I did start getting the following message with the 380.60 betas and 380.61 releases. I did not have this warning with 380.59. I have been searching forums looking for answers but have not come across one yet:

openvpn-routing: Skipping, client 1 not in routing policy mode

I have Accept DNS Configuration set to "Exclusive"

Thanks for all the hard work you do.

Back in May, I was getting the following messages from my VPN provider TorGuard:

WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently local='link-mtu 1542' remote='link-mtu 1574'
WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently local='tun-mtu 1500' remote='tun-mtu 1532'

They told me not to worry about them as they were just warning messages. But I did some research and discovered if I added the following lines to the Custom Configuration section, the error messages went away:

tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450

After upgrading to 380.6x releases, I noticed the warning messages reappeared:

WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1558', remote='link-mtu 1526'
WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='tun-mtu 1532', remote='tun-mtu 1500'

This morning, I reinstalled 380.61 and removed the tun-mtu 1500, tun-mtu-extra 32 and mssfix 1450 from the Custom Configuration Section. My VPN speeds appear to be very much better now on 380.61. That may have been the root cause of my VPN performance issue with my prior attempts at upgrading to FW 380.61.

Can you help me with AiCloud problem? Whenever I share a link, it will be shared as xxxxxxx.net:undefined/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Even though it knows which port I am using for AiCloud, it says undefined in those links. Only thing I need to do to make it work is to replace 'undefined' with my aicloud port number. Is there a way to permanently fix this?

Add: this only happen when I access AiCloud through website, or web browsers.

Upgraded from .55 today, everything just perfect ;)

I also tried importing the certificates in a virgin portable Firefox setup; that failed as well.
I tried it again today at home (I had the certificates still stored on the /jffs partion of those routers and logged in via PuTTY); the same certificates all import fine in a portable Firefox setup now.

What's different this time: I now copied and pasted them into Sublime Text instead of Windows Notepad to save the files... (and Firefox 48.0.1 vs 48.0).

I have an AC87U and could not be more happy. It's rock solid. No drop outs, hangs or needing to reboot.
Reading these threads, it seems I'm one of very few who are satisfied with this model?
Happy camper.

I work for an IT shop and I sell these units like hot cakes. I love the speed of the router and the Quantenna MUMIMO chipset

Any reason why the core 2 has been slammed all day long

ASUS.png

Any reason why the core 2 has been slammed all day long

View attachment 7116
The top command is your friend on telnet to find out! :rolleyes:

Here my example:
Code:
Mem: 147784K used, 107368K free, 0K shrd, 1012K buff, 42828K cached
CPU:  0.6% usr  1.6% sys  0.0% nic 38.1% idle 57.7% io  0.0% irq  1.6% sirq
Load average: 1.64 1.50 1.40 2/85 14583
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
2165     1 admin    S      99m 39.8   1  1.8 transmission-daemon -g /opt/etc/transmission
  296    2 admin    RW       0  0.0   1  0.3 [kworker/1:1]
1152     2 admin    DW       0  0.0   0  0.3 [usb-storage]
  839    1 admin    S     7468  2.9   1  0.2 monitor
  780    1 admin    S      656  0.2   0  0.2 tftpd
  290    2 admin    SW       0  0.0   0  0.1 [kworker/0:1]
  835    1 admin    S    31956 12.4   0  0.0 networkmap --bootwait
1667    1 admin    S     8020  3.1   0  0.0 httpd -i br0
  807    1 admin    S     7704  3.0   1  0.0 watchdog
    1     0 admin    S     7500  2.9   0  0.0 /sbin/preinit
  813   807 admin    S     7468  2.9   0  0.0 ots
  808     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   1  0.0 watchdog02
  771     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   1  0.0 /sbin/wanduck
1687   807 admin    S     7468  2.9   1  0.0 hour_monitor
1684     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   0  0.0 disk_monitor
  837     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   0  0.0 bwdpi_check
  908     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   1  0.0 roamast
  809     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   0  0.0 sw_devled
  790     1 admin    S     7468  2.9   0  0.0 wpsaide
  640     1 admin    S     7464  2.9   0  0.0 console

Hi everybody,

my RT AC87U had WAN IP stability problems (IP address couldn’t be renewed at irregular times, and the problem could be only solved after resetting the router). After the discussion with my ISP the reason for the malfunction was the stock Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.380.3459). Therefore I flashed the Merlin firmware (380.61). The main problem is now gone, the router has continuously the WAN IP since Friday. However another error has occurred unexpectedly. The DLNA media server can’t be set, there is no button to switch it on. Generally there is no possibility to set the DLNA. Do you have any ideas, suggestions for it?

14422_art.thumb.jpg

Hi everybody,

my RT AC87U had WAN IP stability problems (IP address couldn’t be renewed at irregular times, and the problem could be only solved after resetting the router). After the discussion with my ISP the reason for the malfunction was the stock Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.380.3459). Therefore I flashed the Merlin firmware (380.61). The main problem is now gone, the router has continuously the WAN IP since Friday. However another error has occurred unexpectedly. The DLNA media server can’t be set, there is no button to switch it on. Generally there is no possibility to set the DLNA. Do you have any ideas, suggestions for it?

14422_art.thumb.jpg

That's really weird. Maybe this needs a hotfix? Does people have the same on the AC88u?

I
Is it weird, or should be media streaming well function wit UPnP too?

No, they are different. UPnP is a method of media-streaming. But normally in the original firmware of Asus you have to enable both. DNLA and UPnP. So it is weird that the DNLA-option is lacking in the menu. It might be a bug in the merlin-firmware.

No, they are different. UPnP is a method of media-streaming. But normally in the original firmware of Asus you have to enable both. DNLA and UPnP. So it is weird that the DNLA-option is lacking in the menu. It might be a bug in the merlin-firmware.
And what do you think? When will it be solved?

The DLNA media server can’t be set, there is no button to switch it on. Generally there is no possibility to set the DLNA. Do you have any ideas, suggestions for it?

They just renamed it (why, I don't know)....but it's still the exact same thing and the same code. Just switch on the UPnP media server.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!