What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uploaded 380.68 final coming from RT-AC68U_380.68_beta1-gbc6ee4f, works like a charm as far as I can tell. Thanks for your hard work and dedication @RMerlin!

For those 380.68_beta testers that had my hotfix for the annoying message running:
"The WAN-IP is not the external IP External IP Based services will not work"

This is fixed, you can remove these lines in /jffs/scripts/wan-start:
sleep 5
nvram set wan0_realip_ip=
nvram set wan0_realip_state=0

Just updated to latest on my RT-AC68U and noticed that the clients list is showing some as Manual and others and Static, but all are allocated by DHCP and are manually assigned.
This seemed to be working fine previously in 380.67.
Is this just because the router was re-booted while the clients remained connected?
Thanks.

Also.. BIG thanks to Merlin for the firmware. It has made all the difference with my RT-AC68U.

Just like with the 367 final I cannot control my Hue lights locally; only via a remote connection. HomeKit does not work either. Both worked fine with the 367/368 alpha's/beta's... I guess/hope it's just a weird coincidence. Will probably investigate later today.

Just updated to latest on my RT-AC68U and noticed that the clients list is showing some as Manual and others and Static, but all are allocated by DHCP and are manually assigned.

Same here.
I had this behavior already in previous firmware versions.

I've uploaded the released 380.68 to my AC5300 and as usual, everything is working perfectly.

Merlin: Thank you for your fantastic work...

Last edited:
This seemed to be working fine previously in 380.67.
Is this just because the router was re-booted while the clients remained connected?
Thanks.

Same here.
I had this behavior already in previous firmware versions.

As far as I know, this is just normal behavior. As soon as a device gets an IP assigned with the default lease time before you manual restore static IP leases and toggle the manual assignment switch, the device doesn't see a reason to discover a new dhcp-server and request a new IP to be assigned. It'll solve itself when the lease time ends, or when you manually power toggle the device (and hope it hasn't cached the IP and the lease time...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work, but I see two issues:

1 The NTP server setting accepted a comma-space separated list of servers before. Now only one. Maybe no issue.

2 The firewall-start script runs twice after reboot. Gives me a lot of duplicates in iptables.

Yes, this release is looking and working great, thank you Merlin.

A few things I would love to see one day is
forked-daapd instead of the old mt-daapd (but I see it requires a lot of libs)
Dnsmasq 2.77
NAT Loopback working
Updated vi editor

Hope I don't sound disrespectful. Again thank you very much Merlin for your efforts.
whats broken with nat loop back if you don't mind me asking?

I upgraded my AC68U, after reboot the network works fine - but I can't access the web administration page. It goes into an endless loop of reloading the page:
https://192.168.1.1:8443/Main_Login.asp

I thought it could have something to do with the warning to refresh the browser cache in the changelog. So I deleted the cache in my browser, but that didn't help. Then I tried three different browsers, one I installed for this purpose. The behaviour is the same on all.

Is the next step to perform a hardware reset of the router? Anything else that can be tried?

Thanks in advance!

Latest is working 100% for me. Thank you RMerlin for all your hard work and dedication!

First merlin update ive done where ive run into problems.

No device can connect to 5ghz wifi (RT-AC88U).

Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

whats broken with nat loop back if you don't mind me asking?

Well I'm not sure if it's because of my special setup or added security measures by Asus or Merlin but back in the days of 378.57 I could reach my routers login page by it's WAN address.

I (unfortunately have to) use double NAT, so in my example:
192.168.1.1 = isp modem (not user configurable)
192.168.2.1 = asus router with wan address 192.168.1.2
I could reach my routers web interface with 192.168.1.2 (from a 192.168.2.x address)

While writing this post I realize that I can still ping it though, but the browser gives ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, so it might not be a NAT loopback issue after all. Maybe Asus implemented some kind of measure that prevents web access from another "segment" or what it's called. But the router knows that it represents 192.168.1.2 on the network since it responds to the to ping :)

It is really not a big issue for me. I have seen other posts where people have NAT loopback issues, so I assumed it was somehow broken.

Hello!
Just one question for you guys: I am running 380.67. Should I do a factory reset after flashing this new version?

Thanks!!

I upgraded my AC68U, after reboot the network works fine - but I can't access the web administration page. It goes into an endless loop of reloading the page:
https://192.168.1.1:8443/Main_Login.asp

I thought it could have something to do with the warning to refresh the browser cache in the changelog. So I deleted the cache in my browser, but that didn't help. Then I tried three different browsers, one I installed for this purpose. The behaviour is the same on all.

Is the next step to perform a hardware reset of the router? Anything else that can be tried?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried to open the default webUI at port 80 (http://192.168.1.1 or http://router.asus.com)? Otherwise you can try a factory reset (see https://www.asus.com/support for instructions on your model) and a power cycle (disconnect the power, let it be for a couple of minutes, connect the power cable and let it boot) and see if that fixes your issue.

Great Firmware Merlin. Thank you for all the wonderful work that you have been doing.

I have implemented QoS on a per device basis. While I am able to view the bandwidth and data for all the devices connected, I am unable to see the bandwidth consumed by the download manager. Would you have any advice on how that can also be tracked.

Thanks,

Hi - new member and I have recently purchased an RT-1900P. I installed Merlin v380.67 without an issue but cannot install v380.68. I get a message that Asus has not approved this firmware. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for an answer.

Actual Message
Invalid Firmware Upload
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!