What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks Makaveli!

I'll try it out.

Appreciate your response.

Howdy, I've noticed changes to wireless performance - when was the Wireless driver last updated? Is there any performance testing between revisions and/or comparing to ASUS, that would be really interesting.

Seems like 5Ghz on my AC87 got worse with beta1 of 380.68, but improved again in the full release - I noticed it deteriorate somewhere in the last few releases, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. It would be good to document which ASUS firmware each release is based.

Oh, and lastly, since I'm only really using Merlin for the manual VID feature (though I can see the huge value it provides others), is that available in ASUS's firmware?

Just upgraded from 67 - 68 on my AC1900P which I use primarily for my IoT. I had the problem with Astrill VPN that when the router restarted in V67 the router said VPN was up and then routed IoT clients through a dead tunnel. Didn't know until all my IoT devices started sending me texts and e-mails that they were not connected. I have the router set not to block if VPN goes down trying to avoid this issue. V68 seems to have fixed the problem for Astrill as well as Strong.

One issue/bug/ inconsistency I did notice in V68 is on the Network Map page is shows that LAN Port 4 is connected at 100 Mpps to my garage controller. On the tools page is shows that LAN Port 4 is connected at 10 Mbps half duplex. The 10 Mbps half duplex is what I was seeing in previous versions.

All in all very nice!. Great job! Thank you.
This was mentioned in the alpha/beta threads. From what I recall network map no longer supports 10mbs so reports it as 100. Tools page reports it correctly.

Try a different browser, and also make sure you use the IP instead of a hostname. HTTPS support has always been quirky, and I can't track down the cause. Some browsers work better than others.
Hi,

I can tell you this just started happening to me as well with RT-AC3100.

SSL had been working fine for months on end until last three firmware.

But since I can't even login correctly, I can't disable the SSL support. :(

Amazingly, I was able to install 380.68 firmware, but sadly the same issue.

And browser does not matter. Same issue. First page loads after login partly but then taken back to the login page on next request. Tested with IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.

Again, SSL was working fine for me 3 firmware versions ago.

Perhaps remove SSL support until it's fixed? Or at least mark it as "quirky" in settings itself.

Thanks,

Will

Update: Switched back to http via: nvram set http_enable=0 and service restart_httpd

Still having same issue with going back to login page over and over. Not cookies and not cache since cleared all and again try different browsers.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have strange problem, I cannot fix ip to one of my router , I use Rt-ac56u and RT-ac66u
This is how i connect Rt-ac56u -> Rt-ac66u

On previous firmware i never have this problem, The problem is normally i fix the IP in Lan and when reset router it will Rt-ac56u will fix ip for Rt-ac66u no problem, But with this version no many time i reset or reconfig the Rt-ac56u will not see Rt-ac66u but see my PC instead and give the IP that i did not fix to the router , I mean for example i'm try to ask Rt-ac56u to give 192.168.1.19 to Rt-ac66u but instead it see Rt-ac66u as offline and give random IP from DHCP, now it see my rt-ac66u as my pc

ps, Can you check DHCP reserve function ? it keep see my second router offline and see my pc instead

Never have this problem before strange :/, I'm try to factory default , reconfig many time still same :( , Any advise Thank you

Last edited:
This was mentioned in the alpha/beta threads. From what I recall network map no longer supports 10mbs so reports it as 100. Tools page reports it correctly.

The point I was making is that it reports it two ways. Itwould be better if it reported it the same way in both locations.

I upgraded my AC68U, after reboot the network works fine - but I can't access the web administration page. It goes into an endless loop of reloading the page:
https://192.168.1.1:8443/Main_Login.asp

I thought it could have something to do with the warning to refresh the browser cache in the changelog. So I deleted the cache in my browser, but that didn't help. Then I tried three different browsers, one I installed for this purpose. The behaviour is the same on all.

Is the next step to perform a hardware reset of the router? Anything else that can be tried?

Thanks in advance!
Try clearing your browser certificate database.

One issue/bug/ inconsistency I did notice in V68 is on the Network Map page is shows that LAN Port 4 is connected at 100 Mpps to my garage controller. On the tools page is shows that LAN Port 4 is connected at 10 Mbps half duplex. The 10 Mbps half duplex is what I was seeing in previous versions.

It's a limitation of the code Asus uses for the networkmap report: it can only report 1 Gbps or 100 Mbps. If I change that code, I run the risk of breaking other parts of the firmware that rely on that same code.

Seems like 5Ghz on my AC87 got worse with beta1 of 380.68, but improved again in the full release - I noticed it deteriorate somewhere in the last few releases

The RT-AC87U 5 GHz driver hasn't changed in nearly a year now.

alot of ppl gotta case of the "ever since syndrome"

when I use to work in automotive industries, eg; I'd do tire change and the person would come back winning about their radio not working. Well fk I never touched it, not even came close to it. I pity Merlin cuz every time he does an fw upgrade ppl wine about all kinds of things.

87 working well with this. Interestingly, safari on macOS and iOS seems actually usable now; i.e.; no crashes and hung windows.

It's a limitation of the code Asus uses for the networkmap report: it can only report 1 Gbps or 100 Mbps. If I change that code, I run the risk of breaking other parts of the firmware that rely on that same code.

OK. I just thought I would mention it in case it was a simple fix to consistently present the same information between two pages.

alot of ppl gotta case of the "ever since syndrome"

when I use to work in automotive industries, eg; I'd do tire change and the person would come back winning about their radio not working. Well fk I never touched it, not even came close to it. I pity Merlin cuz every time he does an fw upgrade ppl wine about all kinds of things.

That's just the way it goes. Every time a new firmware is out someone is posting how they found a new bug and 80% of the time its just user error.

OK. I just thought I would mention it in case it was a simple fix to consistently present the same information between two pages.
Maybe you should report to ASUS then? Need to be fixed at the source, then RMerlin will use it.

Interesting, thanks Merlin, must be something on my side for that specific issue. How about the other questions?

The IPTV code is identical to the stock firmware.

I have this version installed on my ac3100 and my ac68u it is fantastic. Real nice new WebUI! Great work once again. Please donate! Use the donate feature on the lostrealm page or look at the top of the forum in the sticky posts. You will find it there.

Works fine with AC88U, AC87U and AC66U.

AC87U is unable to hold wifi channel 52 or 56 with 40 MHz bandwidth. For whatever reason it always drops to channel 36 after ~1 hour. However channel 60 seems to hold, and after 4 hours of testing, no problems found. Same issue was with 380.67 firmware. I have no idea why it's doing this.

I upgraded my AC68U, after reboot the network works fine - but I can't access the web administration page. It goes into an endless loop of reloading the page:
https://192.168.1.1:8443/Main_Login.asp

I thought it could have something to do with the warning to refresh the browser cache in the changelog. So I deleted the cache in my browser, but that didn't help. Then I tried three different browsers, one I installed for this purpose. The behaviour is the same on all.

Is the next step to perform a hardware reset of the router? Anything else that can be tried?

Thanks in advance!

This happens to me as well. Previous version this does not happen.

SSH in, reboot, fixes it.

Asus 3200.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!