What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

updated 3200 and all seems well , no obvious problems looks good thanks once again

V4 requires too much additional components to the firmware, and would only be supported by the RT-AX88U's newer kernel. V2 was already there, it was just broken.

I don't want to devote any more time on NAS functionalities since the router makes for a poor NAS, and only focus on fixing/tweaking what is already supported.

HE frames are a 802.11ax only feature.
@RMerlin Why is it shown here then, it's confusing.

Attachments

• ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U   General2.png
    ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U General2.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 740
V4 requires too much additional components to the firmware, and would only be supported by the RT-AX88U's newer kernel. V2 was already there, it was just broken.

I don't want to devote any more time on NAS functionalities since the router makes for a poor NAS, and only focus on fixing/tweaking what is already supported.

@RMerlin Just looked this up in wiki:
Code:
IEEE 802.11ax, marketed as Wi-Fi 6 by Wi-Fi Alliance[1][2], is one of the two wireless specifications standards, of IEEE 802.11, both expecting full deployment late 2019[3][4]; the other is ay. They can be thought of as High Efficiency Wireless.

802.11ax is designed to operate in all band spectrums between 1 and 7 GHz when they become available in addition to the 2.4 and 5 GHz already existing. Devices presented at CES 2018 showed a top speed of 11 Gbit/s.[5] For dense deployments, throughput speeds are 4× higher than IEEE 802.11ac, even though the nominal data rate is just 37% faster at most. Latency is also down 75%.[6]

To improve spectrum efficient utilization, the new version introduces methods such as OFDMA, higher order 1024-QAM modulation, and uplink direction added with the downlink of MIMO and MU-MIMO to further increase throughput, as well as dependability improvements of power consumption and security protocols such as Target Wake Time and WPA3.

Disregard my posts above, I thought you meant it was a 5g only setting. :oops::oops::oops:

Merlin,

Great work been a fan for a long time here.

Do you now if WAN Aggregation will ever make it to AC88U like it is available on AX88U?

Peter
RT-AX88U f/w 384.10

Anyone tried to run a script at the CLI ? I keep getting "access denied" (must be doing something wrong)
RT-AX5300U / 384.10.0

Hi

on my AC68U the IPTV from "Movistar Triple VLAN" has broken in this release.
The tv decoder not loads guide, epg, recordings... It seems like not resolves throught the iptv dns and continually shows an error message.

I'm back to 384.9_0, the family does not allow me more tests. Someone else with this issue?

Thanks.

RT-AC3100 with 12 hrs on the clock. Dirty upgrade from 384.10 Beta 3.

This router has never been so responsive on my network before!

Great work Eric, as usual.

I will be doing a full M&M Config later this week, as I feel this may be a release that becomes a new reference. :)

Merlin,

Great work been a fan for a long time here.

Do you now if WAN Aggregation will ever make it to AC88U like it is available on AX88U?

Peter
RT-AX88U f/w 384.10
No idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Anyone tried to run a script at the CLI ? I keep getting "access denied" (must be doing something wrong)
RT-AX5300U / 384.10.0
chmod a+rx filename

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Under Tools>Other Settings:
Wan:Use local caching........ Setting tooltip is still showing TODO, looks like you forget to alter that, no biggie for sure but just to let you know lol.

Under Tools>Other Settings:
Wan:Use local caching........ Setting tooltip is still showing TODO, looks like you forget to alter that, no biggie for sure but just to let you know lol.

I saw that too!

I just thought it may have been because I did a dirty flash from Beta 3 though. I'll be checking it when I do a full M&M Config later this week or early next week.

Either way, this won't affect the great performance I'm seeing so far. :)

I saw that too!

I just thought it may have been because I did a dirty flash from Beta 3 though. I'll be checking it when I do a full M&M Config later this week or early next week.

Either way, this won't affect the great performance I'm seeing so far. :)

No it's there.
I did a clean factory restore update.

Dirty flash fomB3 no problems. Thanks again!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!