What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dirty upgrade on AX88u and Movistar IPTV works as with beta2... I have been watching some minutes the Tv in different channels and works ok... Maybe due the different router model...

I know, ac86u is working too. I wait for ac68u/87u/88u confirmation. I asked on spanish forum too.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with the command to install tcpdump through Entware? :oops:

I want to check if DoT is working.

Thanks

Thanks
Isn't it what you would expect?
Code:
opkg install tcpdump

Code:
opkg install tcpdump
tcpdump -i eth0 port 53
tcpdump -i eth0 port 853

Open separate windows for each command if you want to watch both at the same time,

Thank you both bluzfanmr1 and Butterfly Bones. I now have the tcpdump package installed.

Running the quoted commands above, what should I expect or be looking for? :oops:

Thank you both bluzfanmr1 and Butterfly Bones. I now have the tcpdump package installed.

Running the quoted commands above, what should I expect or be looking for? :oops:

When enabling DoT, you should see the traffic passing through port 853 and nothing via port 53. If you have bypassed any client via the DNSFilter option, you should see that traffic passing through port 53.

Okay, that is why the port 53 commands just sat there and the port 853 commands kept flashing more and more data that just made me more and more confused about what was happening! :D

Thank you again!

Thanks

You can just go into the Network Tools page, Netstat Tab, Select TCP Sockets for the option, and click the Netstat button. Then, you should see calls to your DNS resolvers using port 853 which DoT uses.

Just wondering one thing.
If you go to Administration -> System and click on the "?" on "USB Mode" It says in the description about enabling and disabling but I only have to choose USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is the description correct?

You can just go into the Network Tools page, Netstat Tab, Select TCP Sockets for the option, and click the Netstat button. Then, you should see calls to your DNS resolvers using port 853 which DoT uses.

I don't see anything like that when I do the steps listed.

Just wondering one thing.
If you go to Administration -> System and click on the "?" on "USB Mode" It says in the description about enabling and disabling but I only have to choose USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is the description correct?

I suggest for scripts to use USB 2.0 mode. It makes a negligible difference for normal operations (only when installing or updating scripts) but it will interfere with your 2.4GHz clients though.

Please see the amtm Step-by-Step guide for more details.

Okay, that is why the port 53 commands just sat there and the port 853 commands kept flashing more and more data that just made me more and more confused about what was happening! :D

Thank you again!
if you got wire shark you can look more closely at the endpoints and confirm they are using encryption

Recent purchase of RT-AC86U from Amazon UK (I say that only because it indicates I have a fairly recent revision) running virgin (no scripts, no changes, no USB connected etc) 384.10_2 dirty upgraded to 384.11 this evening.

All running buttery smooth, but a couple of observations:

1. 384.11, like 384.10_2 Network Map -> clients, is all a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it shows loads of clients (about the correct number) and then randomly zero or very small numbers. No big deal, because System log -> DHCP Leases is working great - as is System log -> Connections (which I think is a new addition? - anyhow, works great).

2. Traffic Analyser ->Traffic Monitor -> Real-Time sometimes completely stops and shows a completely blank graph and data table below, but it seems to restart after a while. Concurrently, the Android App still shows real-time traffic, so it really isn't a biggie.

3. Now working correctly (wasn't in 384.10_2) is device IP addresses in the Android app. For example, a device that had an IP address of 192.168.0.10 (for real) showed as 192.168.0.11 in the Android app (I know, I thought that I was smoking something as well...) but it is fine now.

Additionally, as others have reported, in 384.10_2 I have had the HTTP interface go unresponsive - so only time will tell with 384.11. I also saw memory usage jump dramatically from 50% to 70% in 384.10_2. Still happens with 384.11 - but the culprit is the Android app :) .

Bottom line: It is a great update - a BIG thanks Merlin.

Hmmm.. maybe your router doesn't have that feature then.

Which feature? DoT? Yes, I have that enabled. RT-AC86U on 384.11_0.

Following the steps you provided doesn't show me if ports 53 or ports 853 are used.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!