What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Those seem standard I wouldnt be too concerned

I think there is a bug trying to enable AIProtection --> Parental Controls --> Enable Time Scheduling

I tried with restoring to Factory Defaults after updating 384.11. Refreshed browser with Firefox and tried IE. Still the same.

Only show a blank "System Time" row that's it, on my RT-AX88U. Anyone else having the same?

Check your browser console for any Javascript error.

Just tested DoT with the new firmware and all working fine here. Just to be sure, do the WAN DNS servers and IPv6 DNS servers get overwritten by the DoT configured servers?

They don't get overwritten, just not used unless DoT needs to be bypassed (for instance when initially setting up the clock at boot time).

@RMerlin - Not to hi jack the thread but do you think we should try not to downgrade our USB3 flash drives to USB2 modes? Most recommendations in the forums have been to switch to USB2 mode before installing scripts.

Up to you, just be aware that if your USB disk isn't properly recognized while in USB2 mode, then it's not compatible and will require to keep it set to USB3 mode.

One thing that can help with interference is using an USB extension cable to move the stick away from the router. Make sure to use a quality one however, with proper shielding. A 1$ cable from Aliexpress might not cut it...

And, I am curious...how do you test for 2.4GHz-related interference?

Plugged a USB disk (in a Vantech metal enclosure at the time) to the USB 3 port. Connected the laptop to the 2.4 GHz band, and started copying files to/from the USB disk, watching for abnormal throughput instability.

I haven't redone that test since back in the RT-AC68U days when people mentioned it was an issue back then.

Hello everyone, thank you for your work on router.
I have a small problem I can't seem to find an answer. I have RT-AC1900U and on 384.11 right now. In Network Map > Client List, it's always a mess and mostly names of my devices becomes 'nw_ap_1552_sykevr_11'. I could not find any info on that. Sometimes they get unrelated icons, sometimes they get unrelated icons and nothing seems to fix it (reboot, restore with initializing settings). I'm attaching an example screenshot.

View attachment 17517

Thank you.

Hello, anyone have info that you can give me for my problem? I have no idea what nw_ap_1552_sykevr_11 is and that name keeps coming in Network Map. Thank you.

I have an issue where my internet randomly. On the Network Map page, it shows the internet as Disconnected, yet under Internet Status, I still have an IP address. I reboot several times and nothing. I have to factory reset, then it works and eventually, the same thing happens. I didn't have this issue on .10 firmware. I don't run any custom scripts or have a crazy setup. Most if not all settings are default. Thoughts?

Attachments

• tempsnip.jpg
    tempsnip.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 209
Hello, anyone have info that you can give me for my problem? I have no idea what nw_ap_1552_sykevr_11 is and that name keeps coming in Network Map. Thank you.

What's its MAC address?

All my clients just dropped from the 5GHz wireless using this firmware.

I logged in via 2.4Ghz and notice the 5GHz DFS state was in 'Training' so I changed from control channel 56 to 36 and all my 5GHz clients instantly reconnected.

Never seen this happen before - I shall keep an eye on it.

I have an issue where my internet randomly. On the Network Map page, it shows the internet as Disconnected, yet under Internet Status, I still have an IP address. I reboot several times and nothing. I have to factory reset, then it works and eventually, the same thing happens. I didn't have this issue on .10 firmware. I don't run any custom scripts or have a crazy setup. Most if not all settings are default. Thoughts?
Those are OpenDNS servers. Check to make sure DNSSEC is turned off.

All my clients just dropped from the 5GHz wireless using this firmware.

I logged in via 2.4Ghz and notice the 5GHz DFS state was in 'Training' so I changed from control channel 56 to 36 and all my 5GHz clients instantly reconnected.

Never seen this happen before - I shall keep an eye on it.

What geographic jurisdiction do you reside in?

Channel 56 is not permitted for use in North America, AFAIK -- unless certain special criteria are met.

I suggest for scripts to use USB 2.0 mode. It makes a negligible difference for normal operations (only when installing or updating scripts) but it will interfere with your 2.4GHz clients though.

Please see the amtm Step-by-Step guide for more details.

FYI, I set my USB mode back to 2.0 recently since the SanDisk thumb drive I use gets REALLY hot in 3.0 mode, even when idle. I would like both the drive and the router components to last as long as possible.

I only use it for Entware, but I benchmarked read speeds before and after. USB 3.0 is around 70 MB/s, and 2.0 is around 40 MB/s. No difference to me with Entware.

FYI, I set my USB mode back to 2.0 recently since the SanDisk thumb drive I use gets REALLY hot in 3.0 mode, even when idle. I would like both the drive and the router components to last as long as possible.

I only use it for Entware, but I benchmarked read speeds before and after. USB 3.0 is around 70 MB/s, and 2.0 is around 40 MB/s. No difference to me with Entware.

Sorry to pop in, if I missed something, but an overly hot usb drive is indicative of a bad setup.
You need to wipe the jffs partition and reload, see here on overheating: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/recommended-usb-drive-for-scripts.56215/

Funny I hadn’t looked at the linked test site. I was looking at this because I had already tried it, and I thought he was referencing that.

Edit: Now I wonder if I didn’t hit apply when I turned on DNSSEC, because that test says it’s working for me.

So checking this morning I see that I did forget to click apply for DNSSEC and the test now fails DoT. However, interestingly, the linked test I put says it is using DNSSEC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!