What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have an issue where my internet randomly. On the Network Map page, it shows the internet as Disconnected, yet under Internet Status, I still have an IP address. I reboot several times and nothing. I have to factory reset, then it works and eventually, the same thing happens. I didn't have this issue on .10 firmware. I don't run any custom scripts or have a crazy setup. Most if not all settings are default. Thoughts?

Me too:
upload_2019-5-10_17-20-33.png

All works fine bit my asus ac88u shows: "Disconnected"

One mor issue:
My VPN-Server works only after a restart of the vpn- service (turn off an on)

What geographic jurisdiction do you reside in?

Channel 56 is not permitted for use in North America, AFAIK -- unless certain special criteria are met.

@CriticJay I always wondered why here in the UK I cannot use Ch56 20MHz/Ch54 40MHz/Ch58 80MHz, because none of the Echo Shows can connect!!:rolleyes:

@Chrisgtl For my UK environment, I use Ch42 80MHz, and moved SKY Q to Ch46 40MHz since the SKY Q minis are hard wired, and I haven't heard any complaints with 5G devices failing to connect from visiting friends/colleagues/family/hackers!

the SanDisk Ultra Fit are notorious for being super hot in USB 3.
As are all nano USB drives.

FYI, I set my USB mode back to 2.0 recently since the SanDisk thumb drive I use gets REALLY hot in 3.0 mode, even when idle. I would like both the drive and the router components to last as long as possible.

I only use it for Entware, but I benchmarked read speeds before and after. USB 3.0 is around 70 MB/s, and 2.0 is around 40 MB/s. No difference to me with Entware.
I doubt this has any relevance to the firmware. This isn't abnormal USB drive behavior.

What's its MAC address?

Hi RMerlin, thanks for the reply and work on the firmware. I don't know how to reproduce the problem but this time it happened after I changed my Router IP to 192.168.10.1 from default 192.168.1.1 and rebooted the router (RT-AC1900U).

This time my Xbox One decided to have that name;
Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 18.47.15.png Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 18.47.20.png

Also another problem is sometimes device manufacturer info is random in detailed view. Here is my Macbook Pro, as you see it's identified as a Trendnet Print which I have no relation of.
Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 18.46.50.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-10 at 18.46.58.png

Sometimes after reboot devices with random manufacturers and randomized icons change but that 'nw_ap_1552_sykevr_11' name keeps coming, sometimes to multiple devices.

Edit: Also everything looks fine under System Log > Wireless Log.

As are all nano USB drives.

I doubt this has any relevance to the firmware. This isn't abnormal USB drive behavior.
Agreed! The temp of that nano drive is the expected operating temp. No worries.

I'm not certain that this is an issue for this firmware, but since it's just started since I installed the .11 final yesterday...

My client list is working much better from .9 but today I notice that my phone is showing in the list as having two connections and the IP that is showing on the list is 192.0.0.4 ...and it's showing as a wired connection...my phone shows it's IP as within by DCHP reservation. I've rebooted the phone and then the routers (86U router, 88U AP). Thoughts?

I'm not certain that this is an issue for this firmware, but since it's just started since I installed the .11 final yesterday...

My client list is working much better from .9 but today I notice that my phone is showing in the list as having two connections and the IP that is showing on the list is 192.0.0.4 ...and it's showing as a wired connection...my phone shows it's IP as within by DCHP reservation. I've rebooted the phone and then the routers (86U router, 88U AP). Thoughts?

SAME thing is showing up/happening with my hardwired Apple TV. Showing 2 connections as well. Just started happening with 384.11

Do you have any DHCP reservations?

Do you have any DHCP reservations?
Setup is: 192.168.50.1 is router. DHCP reservation starts at x.5 AP is x.2, pixelserv is x.3 I have manually assigned the AP in the reservation as x.2 to ensure it doesn't wander away during updates/reboots.

1.jpg
Can someone please verify that my WAN DNS settings are correct - specifically "Enable DNSSEC Support" and "DNS-over-TLS profile." Any recommended changes?

Trying to replicate what the script Stubby did in 384.10

I have an issue where my internet randomly. On the Network Map page, it shows the internet as Disconnected, yet under Internet Status, I still have an IP address. I reboot several times and nothing. I have to factory reset, then it works and eventually, the same thing happens. I didn't have this issue on .10 firmware. I don't run any custom scripts or have a crazy setup. Most if not all settings are default. Thoughts?

Hey, take a look at this post: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-384-11-is-available.56501/page-7#post-488977

I had/have a similar issue and that's how I solved it. Obviously, it may or may not work for you...

I'm on a RT-AC3100

SAME thing is showing up/happening with my hardwired Apple TV. Showing 2 connections as well. Just started happening with 384.11
Is your setup the same? My 86U shows my 88U having 2 connections but has since I installed diversion and I know that the second connection is pixelserv-TLS.

Working just fine.............nothing to report.
Uptime 1 days 8 hours 57 minute(s) 46 seconds

Thank you RM!

Setup is: 192.168.50.1 is router. DHCP reservation starts at x.5 AP is x.2, pixelserv is x.3 I have manually assigned the AP in the reservation as x.2 to ensure it doesn't wander away during updates/reboots.
Check if the AP has a hard coded address that is either different or not, next check the IP that is being reported in Network Map make sure all this is set to x.2 the AP doesn't require a hard coded address but if set on the AP it avoids this issue during setup. If you setup your router brand new after a flash the devices on your network start logging in to it. If you add a DHCP reservation for that device that is different than what it was initially recognized as, you will see a 2 next to the device in Network Map, until the DHCP lease is expired.

View attachment 17559 Can someone please verify that my WAN DNS settings are correct - specifically "Enable DNSSEC Support" and "DNS-over-TLS profile." Any recommended changes?

Trying to replicate what the script Stubby did in 384.10
It looks OK
WAN_DoT.png

Check if the AP has a hard coded address that is either different or not, next check the IP that is being reported in Network Map make sure all this is set to x.2 the AP doesn't require a hard coded address but if set on the AP it avoids this issue during setup. If you setup your router brand new after a flash the devices on your network start logging in to it. If you add a DHCP reservation for that device that is different than what it was initially recognized as, you will see a 2 next to the device in Network Map, until the DHCP lease is expired.

Yes, the AP is showing up as x.2 on both it's and the routers list. I set it like this a while ago to avoid this issue. I don't know why its showing the phone as something outside of anything I've allowed (192.0.0.4) or why it shows as wired or has two connections. On the 88U (AP) the map shows it as one connection and the correct IP (x.21 which is what my phone shows in settings)...Just strange is all. I'll just see if it goes away in 6 hours when I get to 24 hours on 384.11 final (which is running like a thoroughbred for 18 hours now)!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!