What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When you are setting individual bandwidth limits in "QOS Bandwidth Limiter" I have one question when it comes to OVPN use and this version of QOS.

Question: The clocks on the "Bandwidth Monitor" tab shows download traffic flow through the OVPN Client as upload. So when setting bandwidth limits do you reverse the values or just keep the values as is, or as would be considered normal?

Question answered: Set limits as normal, that is to say, there is no need for reversal. I tested it out.

Last edited:
Yes, the AP is showing up as x.2 on both it's and the routers list. I set it like this a while ago to avoid this issue. I don't know why its showing the phone as something outside of anything I've allowed (192.0.0.4) or why it shows as wired or has two connections. On the 88U (AP) the map shows it as one connection and the correct IP (x.21 which is what my phone shows in settings)...Just strange is all. I'll just see if it goes away in 6 hours when I get to 24 hours on 384.11 final (which is running like a thoroughbred for 18 hours now)!
Does the DHCP log under "System Log" tab shed any light on this?

AC86u updated fine from 384.8_2 , did a reset after as well due to the version gap.

Was a very smooth update and so far all seems ok, nice to see network map is finally fixed, no more devices disappearing and reappearing every second. Thanks @RMerlin.

@L&LD

I followed you minimal and manual configuration guide, just a few settings I could not find in the GUI. Some of the settings may have changed or are default now but I struggled finding these in the GUI

• Disable media server.
  • Disable network share.
  • Disable NFSD.
  • Disable FTP.
Thanks as well, very good info.

Glad to see you also have good results. :)

To find those settings, go to USB Applications, Servers Center. ;)

i don't see DoT being lost by these logs - I see an ethernet device having issues communicating to the router.

Sorry, you do not have a DOT log. I thought this "warning" was the problem, but apparently not.

Code:
May  8 21:54:19 kernel: jffs2: warning: (1) jffs2_sum_write_data: Summary too big (-32 data, -1570 pad) in eraseblock at 002a0000

Some people here have this problem, even disabling DNSSEC.

I made the change as explained in the link below. Hope it works.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-384-11-is-available.56501/page-7#post-488977

Does the DHCP log under "System Log" tab shed any light on this?
Nope. Shows no connections outside of DHCP and the phone at x.21 and no double connection (don't think that shows there anyway). I'll report back when the leases expire.

Just updated my RT-AC68U to 384.11, all is working fine. I have set up DNS-over-TLS and that too seems to be working correctly. (according to dnsleaktest.com)
As I honestly don't really understand this stuff and mostly just fumble my way along, I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me if my settings are alright, or if maybe something should be adjusted.

I am unsure about:

WAN > Internet Connection > WAN DNS Setting (all settings here OK?)
VPN > VPN Server > Client will use VPN to access (what should this be?)

I am running two VPN Clients and YazFi:
Main network on Client 1,
2.4 Guest on Client 1
5.0 Guest on Client 2

Thank you.

Attachments

• wan-internet-connection.png
    wan-internet-connection.png
    369.6 KB · Views: 506
  • vpn-vpn-server.png
    vpn-vpn-server.png
    387 KB · Views: 251
Is this "warning" normal?

May 10 15:28:18 openvpn-routing: Configuring policy rules for client 1
May 10 15:28:18 openvpn-routing: Tunnel re-established, restoring WAN access to clients
May 10 15:28:18 ovpn-client1[26247]: Initialization Sequence Completed
May 10 15:28:39 kernel: jffs2: warning: (26482) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -554

Is this "warning" normal?

May 10 15:28:18 openvpn-routing: Configuring policy rules for client 1
May 10 15:28:18 openvpn-routing: Tunnel re-established, restoring WAN access to clients
May 10 15:28:18 ovpn-client1[26247]: Initialization Sequence Completed
May 10 15:28:39 kernel: jffs2: warning: (26482) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -554

http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/jffs2.html

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...er-these-event-log-entries.47031/#post-409970

Some people like to do it via Ethernet just in case the wireless signal drops out during upload, but wireless is usually fine.
I always update via wireless, never had an issue.
Oh okay, I have stable wifi on 5Ghz so it should work nice. Thanks

@RMerlin Any chance to bring back "filter by IP address" in Network Tools->Netstat-NAT page on HND routers?

I don't think @RMerlin touches IPTV code.

He dont touched IPTV code but for sure something on .11 final (beta2 working) is breaking IPTV on ac68u/ac87u/ac88u. There are reports from those models here and in spanish forum saying dont work and saying ac86u/ax88u is working. Multicast is broken on my ac88u with .11 final and i dont know why :(

Sometimes after reboot devices with random manufacturers and randomized icons change but that 'nw_ap_1552_sykevr_11' name keeps coming, sometimes to multiple devices.

No idea then. The networkmap data is generated by a closed source component. The name is typically extrapolated by it based on various factors, such as the DPI engine's identification of the client, Netbios name (if any), etc...

Maybe try removing /jffs/nmp_cl_json.js through SSH then reboot (also through SSH) and see what happens.

@RMerlin Any chance to bring back "filter by IP address" in Network Tools->Netstat-NAT page on HND routers?

There never was a filter on that page. You must be confusing it with the Classification page (under QoS).

AC86u updated fine from 384.8_2 , did a reset after as well due to the version gap.

Was a very smooth update and so far all seems ok, nice to see network map is finally fixed, no more devices disappearing and reappearing every second. Thanks @RMerlin.

@L&LD

I followed you minimal and manual configuration guide, just a few settings I could not find in the GUI. Some of the settings may have changed or are default now but I struggled finding these in the GUI

• Disable media server.
  • Disable network share.
  • Disable NFSD.
  • Disable FTP.
Thanks as well, very good info.

I think what you are looking for is under "USB Application", "Servers Center"

There never was a filter on that page. You must be confusing it with the Classification page (under QoS).

RT-AC68U, running v384.11

upload_2019-5-10_22-57-52.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!