What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Its different once I know the cause . dcd is not crashing when not using dns-over-tls with pixelserv-TLS which comes with Diversion Standard . Maybe its worth trying dnscrypt with dns-over-tls and see if it works well with Diversion Standard

Looking back at my notes for an RT-AC86U. When I wasn't using AiProtection, I had no dcd issues. When I enabled AiProtection, the logging came back. Even when I had briefly tested with no scripts installed at all. And this was right after a full M&M Config too.

Look at top or htop and see how many instances of dcd are running. Here is mine with six instances. They will trigger anything with dcd from TrendMicro.

Screenshot-at-2019-05-13-19-26-32.png
I also have 6 and no crash with DoT and DNSSEC enabled but with Diversion Lite. I have been running this setup for 8 hours, no dcd crashes (AiProtection enabled).
With pixelserv-TLS and Diversion Standard with exactly same setup, I have the first crash after 20 mins ~ and it keeps crashing every X minutes. X changes but within 10-60 mins parameter

Last edited:
I also have 6 and no crash with DoT and DNSSEC enabled but with Diversion Lite. I have been running this setup for 8 hours, no dcd crashes (AiProtection enabled).
With pixelserv-TLS and Diversion Standard with exactly same setup, I have the first crash after 20 mins ~ and it keeps crashing every X minutes. X changes but within 10-60 mins parameter

This is perplexing? Why does it then not work for some without any scripts installed and AiProtection running?

Did you perform a full reset to factory defaults after flashing to 384.11 (M&M Config, please see my signature for the link below)?

This is perplexing? Why does it then not work for some without any scripts installed and AiProtection running?

Did you perform a full reset to factory defaults after flashing to 384.11 (M&M Config, please see my signature for the link below)?

Yes, I did perform full reset and factory reset, hard reset, jffs format+usb format and so on. And I follow your guide, its even on my bookmarks list.

With the setup in your signature (scripts) you don't have dcd crash with DoT and DNSSEC enabled?

Yes, I did perform full reset and factory reset, hard reset, jffs format+usb format and so on. And I follow your guide, its even on my bookmarks list.

With the setup in your signature (scripts) you don't have dcd crash with DoT and DNSSEC enabled?

Yes, I did until I disabled the AiProtection just a few minutes ago. The dcd crash wasn't affecting anything before, I just ignored them.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/trend-micro-hacked-by-fxmsp.56578/#post-490231

Ac86u with 384.11, no issues I've noticed, have current uptime of 3 days 23hrs.

Only feature I have enabled is AiProtection.

System log looks fine I think.

Thanks

I've read through the entire thread but I can't find an answer to this: Is there a reason the main page continually reports the internet status as disconnected? A few people have mentioned it but there doesn't seem to be a way to resolve it. I've rebooted several times and configured the Network Monitoring options (in Administration/System) several different ways, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've read through the entire thread but I can't find an answer to this: Is there a reason the main page continually reports the internet status as disconnected? A few people have mentioned it but there doesn't seem to be a way to resolve it. I've rebooted several times and configured the Network Monitoring options (in Administration/System) several different ways, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
For me it works only with default settings.
Annotation 2019-05-14 124326.png

I am not to well-versed on Scripps, but would Scripps allow me to go over 128 Mac binding devices? I understand that the router only has so much memory but if the script is operating outside of the memory of the router wouldn’t it be possible to have more static IP address is assigned to devices

Not sure if I am answering your question. I think you meant "Scripts" and not "Scripps".

The 192.168.1.0/24 CIDR allows for 256 IP addresses. If you have that many static reservations, then dnsmasq.conf.add is better place to put them. It is a preference. For one site I support, I have to maintain 40 static IP addresses. Easier to use the entry in dnsmasq.conf.add rather than the gui.

If moving from the 380.x to 384.5 and above code base, you should check the length of dhcp_staticlist using the command:

Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist | wc -m

The 384 code limits the total length of dhcp_staticlist to 2999 characters. As a result, the update of dhcp_staticlist will fail if it exceeds the 2999 character limit. A workaround is to manually configure these in dnsmasq.conf.add instead of on the Web GUI. Or, do that for just a few of them to reduce the 2999 character limit used by the Web GUI. I recommend adding the leases to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add. I updated my utility menu last night:

Code:
Use this utility to save or restore dhcp static list nvram values

[1] - Save nvram dhcp static list to /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt
[2] - Restore nvram dhcp static list from /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt
[3] - Output DHCP Static List in dnsmasq.conf.add format
[4] - Append Output DHCP Static List to dnsmasq.conf.add
[5] - Disable Manual Assignment
[6] - Enable Manual Assignment
[7] - Save nvram dhcp_staticlist to /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt and clear dhcp_staticlist
[e] - Exit

==>

The only way I ever resolved that issue, it happened to me on two separate occasions, was to reset the router and reformat the USB stick and start over.

Not sure if I am answering your question. I think you meant "Scripts" and not "Scripps".

The 192.168.1.0/24 CIDR allows for 256 IP addresses. If you have that many static reservations, then dnsmasq.conf.add is better place to put them. It is a preference. For one site I support, I have to maintain 40 static IP addresses. Easier to use the entry in dnsmasq.conf.add rather than the gui.

If moving from the 380.x to 384.5 and above code base, you should check the length of dhcp_staticlist using the command:

Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist | wc -m

The 384 code limits the total length of dhcp_staticlist to 2999 characters. As a result, the update of dhcp_staticlist will fail if it exceeds the 2999 character limit. A workaround is to manually configure these in dnsmasq.conf.add instead of on the Web GUI. Or, do that for just a few of them to reduce the 2999 character limit used by the Web GUI. I recommend adding the leases to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add. I updated my utility menu last night:

Code:
Use this utility to save or restore dhcp static list nvram values

[1] - Save nvram dhcp static list to /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt
[2] - Restore nvram dhcp static list from /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt
[3] - Output DHCP Static List in dnsmasq.conf.add format
[4] - Append Output DHCP Static List to dnsmasq.conf.add
[5] - Disable Manual Assignment
[6] - Enable Manual Assignment
[7] - Save nvram dhcp_staticlist to /opt/tmp/dhcp_staticlist.txt and clear dhcp_staticlist
[e] - Exit

==>
Hello,

Where i can i get this wonderfull script that will save me alot of time :)!

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!