What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI-Protection is going to need input to figure which IPs and sites it protects you from. So basic information is required. This topic has been beaten to death. If you want to wear a tin foil hat that's your prerogative, but @RMerlin objective is security first, stability, then features. AiMesh has been available from Asus for some time now. @RMerlin did not jump on the bandwagon when it happened. It became doable which means as much work to hide as it is to support, so he made it available. No conspiracy here!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available for all supported models. The main change of this release is the addition of support for AiMesh (both router and nodes) for those models that are compatible (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200 are not supported).

Update:: 384.13_1 for the RT-AC87U, which resolves AP mode for that model.

This release also includes a number of fixes. The highlights:
  • AiMesh support for both router and nodes. See the AiMesh section below for more information. Please visit the Wiki for more information.
  • Updated RT-AX88U to GPL 384_6210.
  • dnsmasq now uses OpenSSL instead of Nettle for DNSSEC cipher operations. This allows dnsmasq to validate a wider range of ciphers.
  • Note for developers, the dhcp_staticlist format was changed to revert back to the same format as stock firmware (for AiMesh compatibility). The hostname field was moved to a separate variable, dhcp_hostnames. Note that this variable will be stored in a jffs file on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U due to limitations on variable length for their HND platform. That means that a backed up config file will not restore these hostnames when restored (but using a JFFS backup will).
  • Some changes also had to be done to the webs_* variables that are used by the new firmware checks, which might affect script developers that were accessing those variables.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed, see the Changelog for details

Please only post in this thread about this specific release.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Great work on this firmware ! One question, does the main router in the AiMesh send down the wireless settings {professional and/or smart connect) to the nodes?

Great work on this firmware ! One question, does the main router in the AiMesh send down the wireless settings {professional and/or smart connect) to the nodes?

I know some of the settings are shared between the nodes (like the SSIDs for example), but I don't know the exact list since the config sync portion of the code is closed source. You'd have to SSH to a node and check the nvram content for the particular setting you are wondering about.

I already explained why AiMesh wasn't enabled until recently. The proof that it was never removed? Search these forums, people were using AiMesh even before 384.13, by using an nvram variable I had added whose sole purpose was to hide/display the webui settings related to AiMesh. cfg_sync (the primary daemon that handles sharing configurations between nodes) was always there, running, before 384.13. The reasons I kept AiMesh disabled were already explained: incompatibilities, mainly in how I stored the dhcp static leases and how firmware update checks were handled. A new incompatibility was only recently uncovered - sharing of SSH authentication keys between nodes, as I store that parameter in a different format than Asus's stock firmware.

If you don't like the features of Asuswrt, then buy an industrial PC, and build your own Linux or BSD-based firewall. When you buy a commercial product, you buy the hardware, the software and the services, all in one package. If you don't like parts of it, then get a different product instead of making accusations of data mining which you failed to back up with any actual network packet traces.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RMerlin,

Now that 384.13 has been out for a while, I was wondering what other features are we to expect with future releases that you have been working on?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RMerlin,

Now that 384.13 has been out for a while, I was wondering what other features are we to expect with future releases that you have been working on?

Thank you!

It's been out 13 days! :)

OE

tl:dr

Has the JFresh priority customization been fixed yet? I think it was an Asus issue with the cache? Not sure but was wondering about this,

Thanks

I'm seeing a problem with 384.13 on a RT-AC68U. I can't add more than 7 Port Forwarding rules. As soon as the 8th rule is added they all stop - if I refresh the Port Forward page it's then empty and I have to re-create them all again. I also found restoring an old config won't import the Port Forwarding rules. I thought it may have been a cache problem but it does the same thing on a Windows PC or Mac. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm seeing a problem with 384.13 on a RT-AC68U. I can't add more than 7 Port Forwarding rules. As soon as the 8th rule is added they all stop - if I refresh the Port Forward page it's then empty and I have to re-create them all again. I also found restoring an old config won't import the Port Forwarding rules. I thought it may have been a cache problem but it does the same thing on a Windows PC or Mac. Is anyone else seeing this?

You are possibly running out of nvram space. Check under Tools -> Sysinfo.

Just another question from a newbee:
I want to begin with Script using, especially I want to try to use x3mRouting script with your actual Firmware.

if your firmware will be updated in the future and I am making a dirty update, do I have to install the scripts and the configuration of the Script again?

Does a how to use Scripts topic (general) exists except of introduction pages of x3mRouting?

Can I "destroy" the merlin firmware by using this script?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Guys, somebody knows how to use ikev2 VPN credentials on RT-AC68U? I have subscription from Windscribe, but i can`t create connection via web-interface:( Please, advise!

I want to begin with Script using, especially I want to try to use x3mRouting script with your actual Firmware.

if your firmware will be updated in the future and I am making a dirty update, do I have to install the scripts and the configuration of the Script again?

Does a how to use Scripts topic (general) exists except of introduction pages of x3mRouting?

https://asuswrt-merlin.net

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/User-scripts

You should seek advice on scripts from the relevant developer.

For help and support with x3mRouting, please visit the Asuswrt-Merlin x3mRouting support thread on snbforums.com. This thread is for topics specific to the 384.13 release.

There are many resources available online to learn Linux. A web search will result in a lot of hits. Here are a few:

http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_wss0010.php
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/an-introduction-to-linux-basics
https://www.pcsuggest.com/basic-linux-commands/

You won't destroy the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware using x3mRouting. I stay current on developments to spot any firmware changes that may negatively affect x3mRouting. If I spot any, I will notify users in the x3mRouting support thread. The current code is compatible with 384.13.

Last edited:
Guys, somebody knows how to use ikev2 VPN credentials on RT-AC68U? I have subscription from Windscribe, but i can`t create connection via web-interface:( Please, advise!

@ShiZzO
Is your Windscribe subscription the free option or the paid option? You must have the paid option to be able to use their service via the router. The free option will not allow you to do that.

@ShiZzO Unless your question is about an issue specific to the 384.13 release please create a separate thread.
Please only post in this thread about this specific release.

So did the latest 384.13_1 patch resolve AC87U AP issues for everyone? I haven't seen any reports from it. Although I got the router working with 384.13 version, it feels like the newer version boots faster. But does the WAN port now work after booting for everyone else?

Thank you Merlin for fixing the firmware for this router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!