What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out what it is, but since going to 384.13 on my AC86U I'm seeing less than half our normal download speed and double ping speeds in online games on the 5 GHz network. Nothing else on our network has changed. Am I missing a new setting I'm not familiar with that could be causing this issue? Haven't had this happen after any other firmware upgrade.

I can't figure out what it is, but since going to 384.13 on my AC86U I'm seeing less than half our normal download speed and double ping speeds in online games on the 5 GHz network. Nothing else on our network has changed. Am I missing a new setting I'm not familiar with that could be causing this issue? Haven't had this happen after any other firmware upgrade.

I've experienced some low speed spikes as well on 5ghz on my ac86u...hopefully it gets corrected next firmware release.

My Xbox One X is currently faulty, but its own speed test on 5 GHz Wi-Fi would consistently report our max down and up speeds, no matter the time of day, whereas my Xbox One on 384.13 maxes out the up speed every test, but down is always less than half our speed.

Edit: After doing some more speed tests on other 5 GHz devices on different speed test sites, they're all getting around the same down speed, which is less than half our actual speed. I've seen wireless speed tests max it out.

Last edited:
Bug(?): iPv6 (Native) Not working for me with this firmware 384.13.
Would greatly appreciate if someone else with iPv6 (Native) can validate, if it is indeed a bug, or simply something wrong I did.

(1) iPv6 tests failed :(: RT-AC68R - Firmware 384.13, Plain Basic minimum Configuration, ISP is M1 (Singapore) Fibre Plan
  • Factory reset
  • only changing Admin (ID+Password)
  • SSID + WPA2 Passphrase
(2) iPv6 tests passed :): When I moved back to an older stable version of Stock Firmware: 3.0.0.4_384_45717, with plain basic minimum configuration and factory reset.

PS:

Wifi Calling on this build keeps failing. I am on Three network and have been using Wifi calling with no problem connecting through my RT-AC86U. Updated to firmware 384.13 and it keeps dropping calls after 3 seconds on both 2.4 and 5ghz bands. In the end I have gone back to 384.12 and its stable again.

So I presume there is a bug somewhere on 384.13, would it have anything to do with the AIMesh integration, I do not have this switched on.

Would greatly appreciate if someone else with iPv6 (Native) can validate, if it is indeed a bug, or simply something wrong I did.

(1) iPv6 tests failed :(: RT-AC68R - Firmware 384.13, Plain Basic minimum Configuration, ISP is M1 (Singapore) Fibre Plan
  • Factory reset
  • SSID + WPA2 Passphrase
(2) iPv6 tests passed :): When I moved back to an older stable version of Stock Firmware: 3.0.0.4_384_45717, with plain basic minimum configuration and factory reset.

PS:

I have Native IPV6 and I used each of the tests in your post. All report IPV6 working. I am using an AX88U running Firmware 384.13, and using Cloudflare DNS for IPV4 and IPV6.

Last edited:
Wifi Calling on this build keeps failing. I am on Three network and have been using Wifi calling with no problem connecting through my RT-AC86U. Updated to firmware 384.13 and it keeps dropping calls after 3 seconds on both 2.4 and 5ghz bands. In the end I have gone back to 384.12 and its stable again.

So I presume there is a bug somewhere on 384.13, would it have anything to do with the AIMesh integration, I do not have this switched on.

Also using Wifi calling, iPhone X - AT&T Wireless, with 384.13 on an AX88U with no issues.

I have Native IPV6 and I used each of the tests in your post. All report IPV6 working. I am using an AX88U running Firmware 384.13, and using Cloudflare DNS for IPV4 and IPV6.
Rjih,
Excellent. Thank you for your input, so, it is CLEARLY not this firmware. I will test again tonight when I get home. I got attention from CSO of my ISP who is helping me.

• Factory reset
  • SSID + WPA2 Passphrase

PS:
Am running two RT-AC68U's on Comcast with static IPV4 and native IPV6, DoT with DNSSEC. No issues and the IPV6 tests work.

IPv6 Native works fine for me on this firmware. My system specs in signature.
I tested using same sites as you.

Am running two RT-AC68U's on Comcast with static IPV4 and native IPV6, DoT with DNSSEC. No issues and the IPV6 tests work.
bbunge,
Thanks for you input to confirm that Firmware is not the issue ... so that I don't climb the wrong tree :) I am going to Factory Reset and have minimum configuration and Power Off my ONT and Router for 10-15 minutes before I restart. So going to be very busy tonight :) Thanks.

IPv6 Native works fine for me on this firmware. My system specs in signature.
I tested using same sites as you.
CriticJay, Rjih, bbunge,
Thanks for all your input. Update
  • Last night I test both Merlin 384.13 & Stock 3.0.0.4_384_45717 on my RT-AC5300, iPv6 tests failed for both firmwares, so it looks more likely to be problem with ISP
  • Tomorrow I am going to bring my RT-AC5300 to test it at my daughter's place who has a different ISP (M1) where her RT-AC68R is working properly. If that works, it is easier for me to demonstrate to my ISP (Starhub) that the problem lies with their end.
I don't seem to see anything in the Log to indicate problem
  • dhcp6_client: bound address 2404:e801:xxxx::xxxx/128, prefix 2404:e801:xxxx:xxxx::/64
I will be grateful if there is any other suggestion on how I can show ISP that it is clearly their problem; CSO initially asked me to call ASUS support, I escalated, after 3 calls his manager is now helping to followup my case. To be fair I want to do my part to help pin down the problem.

CriticJay, Rjih, bbunge,
Thanks for all your input. Update
  • Last night I test both Merlin 384.13 & Stock 3.0.0.4_384_45717 on my RT-AC5300, iPv6 tests failed for both firmwares, so it looks more likely to be problem with ISP
  • Tomorrow I am going to bring my RT-AC5300 to test it at my daughter's place who has a different ISP (M1) where her RT-AC68R is working properly. If that works, it is easier for me to demonstrate to my ISP (Starhub) that the problem lies with their end.
I don't seem to see anything in the Log to indicate problem
  • dhcp6_client: bound address 2404:e801:xxxx::xxxx/128, prefix 2404:e801:xxxx:xxxx::/64
I will be grateful if there is any other suggestion on how I can show ISP that it is clearly their problem; CSO initially asked me to call ASUS support, I escalated, after 3 calls his manager is now helping to followup my case. To be fair I want to do my part to help pin down the problem.
You tried to reset their modem?

You tried to reset their modem?
Yes,
  • Factory Reset Router that is connected to ONT
  • Power Off ONT for 10 to 15 minutes before Power On ONT ... beyond that is the Fibre termination box.
PS: I have iPv6 running for over a year (as a simple user, I can browse internet, things are working, so I did not consciously check if iPv6 is working). I re-contracted with my ISP, it is at this point I checked and discovered iPv6 no more working.

If it's anything like my ISP Zen. When my contract auto renewed ipv6 got disabled by them accidentally. They had to re enable it on my account.

Ipv6 working fine on this firmware for me. Using RT-Ac88u

@RMerlin @Xentrk one question: Stubby native Merlin local server is marked
Code:
127.0.0.1@53
. Should the IPV6 range be
Code:
0::1@53?

@RMerlin @Xentrk one question: Stubby native Merlin local server is marked
Code:
127.0.0.1@53
. Should the IPV6 range be
Code:
0::1@53?
I believe that should work. My stubby.yml has the 127.0.0.1@53 entry too.

Following is what I was using for the stubby installer asuswrt-merlin script:

stubby.yml
Code:
listen_addresses:
  - 127.0.0.1@5453
  - 0::1@5453

dnsmasq.conf.add
Code:
server=127.0.0.1#5453
server=0::1#5453

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!