What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try "SD Card Formatter" to set it back to "factory" format, and then try in router again..?
Thx, will try this tonight to see if it makes a difference.

If this was a Merlin firmware issue many others would see it and your the only person with this issue.
Using another usb stick is just going to be faster then spending days trying to troubleshoot this which you have since you posted in the Diversion one.
But to each his own hopefully you figure it out.
As mentioned before i do not have another USB stick.
For regular copy's i have a external 2.5" drive with 1Tb disk in it.
Buying a 8Gb stick for a script that barely uses 200Mb is a bit overkill in my opinion.
The stick isn't broken/defective as flashing back to John's firmware has verified the stick works on that firmware and using it in a laptop also works without a problem.

Edit: One of my colleagues gave me a 4Gb stick he has spare.
Going to check tonight if that is recognized by the router.
Its not the fastest one but it should do for DNS processing.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have an RT-AC5300 which now runs the latest Merlin FW but I still have the issue that I've tried to fix with Merlin. The issue started ~ a week ago (I'm not aware of any FW updates happened that time) when the router seems freeze up and none of the clients could get internet and couldn't reach the router either. A power cycle fixed the issue temporarily but a couple of hours later the same treeze happened again and it's going on now for a week. I've done a lot of factory resets, installed the latest stock firmware, installed the oldest firmware available on the Asus website and as a last resort I've installed Merlin but the freeze issue still happen. What I've noticed is that one of my 5G wifi has channel 0 and it can't be seen in any of my devices even though I'm not using AiMesh. The syslog doesn't seem to have any indication of the problem or it's not logged. I start to think that it's a HW issue but this router was running fine for only over 2 years now and I'd expect a bit more from a 400$ router. I've attached the syslog if someone expert could have a look and confirm if it's a HW or a FW issue... I don't really want to buy a new router if it's not a HW problem but at the moment I can't really see any other option. Thanks

Hi,

I have an RT-AC5300 which now runs the latest Merlin FW but I still have the issue that I've tried to fix with Merlin. The issue started ~ a week ago (I'm not aware of any FW updates happened that time) when the router seems freeze up and none of the clients could get internet and couldn't reach the router either. A power cycle fixed the issue temporarily but a couple of hours later the same treeze happened again and it's going on now for a week. I've done a lot of factory resets, installed the latest stock firmware, installed the oldest firmware available on the Asus website and as a last resort I've installed Merlin but the freeze issue still happen. What I've noticed is that one of my 5G wifi has channel 0 and it can't be seen in any of my devices even though I'm not using AiMesh. The syslog doesn't seem to have any indication of the problem or it's not logged. I start to think that it's a HW issue but this router was running fine for only over 2 years now and I'd expect a bit more from a 400$ router. I've attached the syslog if someone expert could have a look and confirm if it's a HW or a FW issue... I don't really want to buy a new router if it's not a HW problem but at the moment I can't really see any other option. Thanks
My bet is on a hardware problem since you already performed several factory resets and loaded the original Asus firmware. Check with Asus to see if they won't accept a warranty claim since it's just a little over 2 years since you bought the router. Also check how you paid for the router, some credit cards offer an additional year of warranty.

Before you lose all hope, have you tried the “M&M config”?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Hi,

My bet is on a hardware problem since you already performed several factory resets and loaded the original Asus firmware. Check with Asus to see if they won't accept a warranty claim since it's just a little over 2 years since you bought the router. Also check how you paid for the router, some credit cards offer an additional year of warranty.
Thanks for the confirmation... Since the warranty for these high end routers is 36 month I'm still good and after a call with Asus Tech Support they also advised to RMA it as it seems to be a HW issue but I have to contact the seller as Asus don't do warranty service for routers (???)... anyways a new AC88U is on it's way and RMA started with the seller... *fingers-crossed*

Thanks for the confirmation... Since the warranty for these high end routers is 36 month I'm still good and after a call with Asus Tech Support they also advised to RMA it as it seems to be a HW issue but I have to contact the seller as Asus don't do warranty service for routers (???)... anyways a new AC88U is on it's way and RMA started with the seller... *fingers-crossed*
How come you got the AC88U and not the AX88U? Not to scare you, but I had a terrible time with my AC88U. Changed it quickly for an AX88U which is night and day in performance and stability.

How come you got the AC88U and not the AX88U? Not to scare you, but I had a terrible time with my AC88U. Changed it quickly for an AX88U which is night and day in performance and stability.

Probably didn't want to spend the extra cash.

I've read the same the other way around, switch back to AC88U from the AX... I don't have any AX devices yet and the AC is still cheaper and meets my need... I think you need some luck to get a properly working one, each series could have faulty batch

I've read the same the other way around, switch back to AC88U from the AX... I don't have any AX devices yet and the AC is still cheaper and meets my need... I think you need some luck to get a properly working one, each series could have faulty batch

The AC86U is the one with faulty batches i've yet to see that on the AX88U.

Why not read the previous post right above yours...

There is no 384_81116 source code available.

Let's try to keep the sarcasm to a minimum. Is it really that hard to respond with a sentence or two? It's not like the poster is asking for your first-born child. Oh, and ps, the "search for the answer to your question" response is a joke. The search function generally returns so many marginal hits that it's next to useless in most cases. Chill everyone...

Let's try to keep the sarcasm to a minimum. Is it really that hard to respond with a sentence or two? It's not like the poster is asking for your first-born child. Oh, and ps, the "search for the answer to your question" response is a joke. The search function generally returns so many marginal hits that it's next to useless in most cases. Chill everyone...

Sorry but going to have to agree with merlin here the post right above his answered the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!