What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I also notice the cpu is identical to that of AC86U, does that mean it will also support AES-NI?
And, irrespective of this ROG designation can I flash it with merlin or will it implode on me?

So, I also notice the cpu is identical to that of AC86U, does that mean it will also support AES-NI?
And, irrespective of this ROG designation can I flash it with merlin or will it implode on me?

Yes it supports AES-NI and you can still use it for VPN purposes (via VPN Fusion feature in stock firmware) but you cannot flash it with Merlin’s FW. Again, as a ROG router, it is not supported by RMerlin. There may be sticky notes out there in the forums that clearly state this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably just wont accept the flash (think it even has different extension..?)?

Im facing a problem where my USB stick does not get mounted when the router is restarted.
Yesterday i upgraded from Johns latest build to this one to have a look at the new features.
After the update i performed a factory reset and thought to also wipe the USB drive i use for Diversion.
I used the drive formatter in the AMTM script to format to ext4.

Now every time i reboot the router it does not see the USB drive, i can make it visible by logging in with SSH and do "blkid".
After that i can see the USB drive with DF and it also shows up on the homepage of the WebUI.
I tried changing the USB option from USB3 to USB2 in system settings, this does not change the bahaviour.
Any idea why i need to do the blkid command after every reboot?

When i plugin the USB drive i see the following in the system logs.

Code:
Sep 22 23:52:22 kernel: usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
Sep 22 23:52:22 kernel: scsi1 : usb-storage 1-2:1.0
Sep 22 23:52:23 kernel: scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access Kingston DataTraveler U3 6.16 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
Sep 22 23:52:23 kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
Sep 22 23:52:23 kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
When you moved from John's fork to RMerlin's, aside from the factory reset, did you reformat/initialize the JFFS partition?

When you moved from John's fork to RMerlin's, aside from the factory reset, did you reformat/initialize the JFFS partition?

Not at first, after a few attempts i did a format of JFFS partition.
Just did it again but it still doesnt doe the USB stick at start up.
Doing the named commands makes it it visible again.

Not at first, after a few attempts i did a format of JFFS partition.
Just did it again but it still doesnt doe the USB stick at start up.
Doing the named commands makes it it visible again.
Can't suggest anything more but maybe try to USB "health scanner" from Network Map--->USB.

How do you check this? I have a DNS record gateway.domain.tld, so I assume "gateway" should be the value for that field, right? And yes, "gateway.domain.tld" is resolvable and pingable from the router console or any other computer within or outside of the router's network.
Though, "gateway" is the CNAME, does it make the difference?
I'm not following. A CNAME points to an A record. An A record points to an IP address. What is the CNAME pointing to? What happens if you run your custom script manually?

Can't suggest anything more but maybe try to USB "health scanner" from Network Map--->USB.

I think its time to try a different drive.

Its a 1GB drive which has to be a few years old now.

time for a replacement.

I think its time to try a different drive.

Its a 1GB drive which has to be a few years old now.

time for a replacement.

That shouldnt be needed.
Reverted back to Johns latest build and the stick is recognized again so the stick definetly is NOT broken.
Could it be the merlin build is missing some drivers?

That shouldnt be needed.
Reverted back to Johns latest build and the stick is recognized again so the stick definetly is NOT broken.
It doesn't seem likely, as many of us would be having the same issues, which is clearly not the case.

Flashed Merlin again and the stick still isnt recognized:confused:
Really strange
And i do not understand why.
@RMerlin do you have a idea why the stick is not recognized in your build but works with johns build?

Try "SD Card Formatter" to set it back to "factory" format, and then try in router again..?

That shouldnt be needed.

It doesn't seem likely, as many of us would be having the same issues, which is clearly not the case.

If this was a Merlin firmware issue many others would see it and your the only person with this issue.

Using another usb stick is just going to be faster then spending days trying to troubleshoot this which you have since you posted in the Diversion one.

But to each his own hopefully you figure it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!